Police blotter: Man charged with cocaine possession
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged Andra Levar Black, 33, of Airport Road, with simple and felony cocaine possession Monday near Gold Hill.
Deputies stopped Black while he was walking on U.S. 52, and he reportedly assaulted two deputies before being apprehended and charged.
Black also was charged with assault on a government official and resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer. He was placed under $15,000 bond.
In another report from the Sheriff’s Office, Daniel Michael Rogers Jr., 48, was charged with attempting to break into a home in the 100 block of Darrell Whitley Lane.
Rogers also was charged with injury to real property. The incident reportedly occurred Tuesday afternoon.
In Salisbury Police reports:
• A woman reported the vandalism of her mother’s car early Wednesday morning in the 600 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A woman reported a burglary at her residence in the 300 block of South Merritt Avenue between 3:06 and 3:21 a.m. Wednesday.
• A man reported a larceny from his car Tuesday in the 100 block of North Long Street.
• Honey Baked Ham at 413 E. Innes St. reported Tuesday that $140 in cash was missing from the restaurant.
• A woman reported the theft of a cellphone from a building in the 3000 block of South Main Street.
• Christopher Lamar Godard, 37, of Durham, was charged with resisting, delaying and obstructing an officer and being intoxicated and disruptive Tuesday night. He was arrested at 310 Clancy St.
• Deshawn Jamal Outlaw, 26, of 310 Clancy St., was charged with resisting, delaying and obstructing an officer, communicating threats and disturbing the peace Tuesday night after also being arrested at 310 Clancy St. He was placed under $1,000 bond.
• Jaleesa Cherelle Morrow, 27, of Mahaley Avenue, was charged with misdemeanor larceny Tuesday night.
• Jerami Anne Preslar, 39, of Yates Road, was charged with simple assault and battery on a warrant executed Tuesday afternoon.
SALISBURY — Salisbury Police have charged a daughter with felony neglect of her mother after receiving a call from Novant... read more