Police looking into sweepstakes cafe burglary
Salisbury Police are looking into a break-in at Vegas Win #2, a sweepstakes business, which occurred early Tuesday morning.
Someone noticed damage to the front door that police said had signs of forced entry. A report said pry marks were also located on the door and the hinges were broken.
Thieves took two money tills and a safe from the business. The amount of money taken is not clear. The business is located at 2143 Statesville Boulevard.
The business had trouble with the alarm earlier in the night. The break-in is believed to have occurred sometime between 4 a.m. and 8 a.m.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported on Tuesday someone tried to enter her vehicle in the 600 block of Lantz Avenue.
• A woman reported on Tuesday she was the victim of an assault in the 1200 block of Bell Street.
• Carlos Manuel Rodriguez, 22, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 1200 block of Bell Street.
• Nathan James Rose, 26, was charged Tuesday with felony possession of controlled substance schedule I in the 500 block of Brook Circle.
• Abigail Marie Hoben, 21, was charged Tuesday with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule I in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported on Friday he was the victim of a larceny in the 1900 block of Poole Road.
• A man reported on Friday he was the victim of fraud in the 4100 block of Jack Brown Road.
• A man reported on Friday he was robbed in the parking in the 2100 block of Miller Road, China Grove.
• A man reported on Friday a burglary occurred in the 300 block of Wrangler Road, Woodleaf.
• A woman reported on Saturday she was physically assaulted in the 200 block of Denise Road.
• Miranda Brooke Hancock, 19, was charged on Friday with felony breaking into a building while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Lorrie Arlena Johnson, 42, was charged on Friday wit misdemeanor simple assault in the 300 block of West Main Street, Rockwell.
• Artemio Garcia Masias, 48, was charged on Friday with felony indecent liberties with children in the 800 block of North Cannon Boulevard, Kannapolis.
• Tracy Richard Kinser, 42, was charged Friday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 300 block of North Main Street.
• Abdul Qabid Aleembashir, 49, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 100 block of Overbrook Road.
• Mason Garrett Disbrow, 19, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor resist, delay, obstruct an officer in the 2700 block of Wind Swept Way, Rockwell.
•Katerious Arnez Oakes, 25, was charged Saturday felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
• Phyllis Castor Hendrix, 52, was charged Saturday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses in the 1300 block of Circle Drive, China Grove.
• Jason David Morris, 35, was charged Sunday with felony breaking and entering a building in the 700 block of China Grove Highway, Rockwell.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.