Blotter: Man charged with possession after traffic stop
By Shavonne Potts
A man was charged with simple possession of marijuana following a traffic stop at exit 76 Thursday night. The traffic stop was during a joint project with Cleveland County Sheriff’s Office on Interstate 85.
Authorities charged Roderic Alexander Rowland, 23, with misdemeanor simple possession of marijuana and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
Rowland, who was actually a passenger in the vehicle, was stopped for following too closely. The deputy noticed an odor of marijuana coming from the inside of the vehicle. Rowland had warrants out of Guilford County as well, a report said.
Officers found a small amount of marijuana was in the center console and a duffel bag in the front seat also had two plastic bottles of liquid codeine, plastic bags that contained a small “rock-like” substance, digital scales and a plastic grinder with marijuana residue inside.
The driver, Timesey Hurley was issued a citation for simple possession of marijuana.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Thursday his debit card was stolen and used at several locations in the 2500 block of Cannon Farm Road, China Grove.
• A man reported Thursday someone broke into his garage and stole hand and power tools in the 100 block of Beth Drive, China Grove.
• A teen reported Thursday his mother bit him during an argument in the 200 block of George Brown Road, Gold Hill.
• A man reported Thursday a friend who stole checks and a debit card while he was in the hospital and withdrew money from the accounts in the 200 block of Cigar Avenue, Rockwell.
• A man reported Thursday a larceny in the 4300 block of South Main Street.
• A man reported Thursday a larceny occurred in the 400 block of Primrose Drive.
• Jonathan Cory Cook, 28, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor driving while impaired at U.S. 29 and Bostian Road, Landis.
• Catherine Linn Bryant Greeley, 35, was charged with felony financial transaction card fraud while at the Rowan County Magistrates Office.
• Jahmil Ishmail Alamin, 23, was charged Thursday with felony possession with intent to manufacture controlled substance schedule VI while at the Rowan County courthouse.
• Cassie Leigh Kesler, 25, was charged Thursday with felony financial transaction card fraud in the 2900 block of Emmanuel Church Road, Rockwell.
• Jeffrey Robert Yow, 16, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor larceny in the 900 block of Sloan Road, Mount Ulla.
• A man reported Friday a larceny from his vehicle in the 76000 block of northbound Interstate 85.
• A man reported Friday someone removed copper wiring from an outbuilding and a well located on his property in the 11800 block of Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell.
• A woman reported Friday a simple physical assault occurred in the 500 block of Young Road.
• A man reported Friday someone stole two chainsaws in the 6000 block of South Main Street.
• A man reported Saturday a vandalism occurred in the 3900 block of U.S. 601.
• A woman reported Saturday a vandalism occurred in the 700 block of Barringer Street.
• A woman reported Saturday a larceny in the 800 block of Shue Road, China Grove.
• J.T. Hall, 39, was charged Friday with resist, obstruct, delay an officer; cited for noise ordinance and openly burning waste in the 700 block of West Rice Street, Landis.
• Stefanie E. Yarborough, 26, was charged Friday with misdemeanor simple assault while at the Rowan County courthouse.
• Jeremy Lee Roush, 35, was charged Friday with habitual felon while at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Paul Leveren Davis, 33, was charged Friday with habitual felon while at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Shane Nicholas Rabon 34, was charged Friday with misdemeanor giving alcohol to underage while at the Rowan County Detention Center.
• Brenda Kay Clark, 38, was charged Friday with misdemeanor filing a false report in the 700 block of China Grove Highway, Rockwell.
• Jessica Michelle Shelton, 31, was charged Friday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule IV in the 100 block of Hardin Drive, China Grove.
• Nicholas James Woolf, 26, was charged Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 100 block of East Liberty Street.
• Larry Lee Sanders, 39, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon without a permit in the 1000 block of Klumac Road and South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Christian Blake Thomas, 16, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor possession of alcohol by someone under 21 in the 78200 block of northbound Interstate 85 during a traffic stop.
• Shane Michael Lawson, 24, was charged Saturday with driving while impaired, failing to register a vehicle with DMV and no insurance in the 4600 block of Miller Road.
• Donovan Sartain, 18, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor larceny, all of which occurred in the 1500 block of Safrit Road and Cedarfield Drive.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.