Woman charged with pocketing money at local restaurant
Authorities charged a Salisbury woman with taking money from a local restaurant where she worked but added it wasn’t the first time.
Salisbury Police charged Kiara McFadden, 24, of the 700 block of Monroe Street, with misdemeanor larceny and felony larceny by an employee. According to arrest warrants and police officials, McFadden was an employee at IHOP on Bendix Drive and was voiding out cash transactions at the register and pocketing the money.
A warrant said on Sept. 11 she took $69 on two occasions while another warrant said on Monday the woman was accused of taking $10 from someone while working at the restaurant.
Police officials said the restaurant managers believed McFadden had been taking money and were watching her. Authorities said the manager told McFadden to come into the restaurant on Wednesday and that’s when police served the warrant from Sept. 11. She was issued a $4,000 secured bond and has since been released from the Rowan County jail.
McFadden was convicted of two misdemeanor offenses in February 2013 for resist, obstruct, delay an officer and filing a false report to police.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported Wednesday a fraudulent incident in the 900 block of South Jackson Street.
• Safrit Landscape reported Wednesday a vandalism on Warehouse Drive.
• A man reported Wednesday a larceny in the 600 block of Mocksville Avenue.
• A man reported Wednesday a burglary in the 100 block of East 15th Street.
• Amber Marie Walker, 31, and Neda Childers Smith, 38, were charged Wednesday with felony sell or deliver a controlled substance schedule II in the 1300 block of Klumac Road.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported Tuesday someone used her ATM card and withdrew money in the 100 block of Chevy Avenue.
• A man reported Tuesday someone broke into his airport hangar and removed tools in the 3600 block of Airport Loop.
• A man reported Tuesday his trailer was broken into and items were taken in the 200 block of Sweet Pea Lane.
• A woman reported Tuesday a domestic disturbance in the 1100 block of Inglewood Lane.
• A man reported Tuesday a burglary in the 100 block of Rolling Acres Drive, Mount Ulla.
• Michelle Gillespie Hester, 46, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay in the 100 block of Tarbox Lane.
• Kevin Dwayne Lambert, 51, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon in the 1000 block of Ashford Circle.
• Jonathan Demetrius Everhardt, 38, was charged Tuesday with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell, deliver a controlled substance schedule II in the 400 block of Goodnight Road.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
By Jeanie Groh firstname.lastname@example.org Preteen angst and insecurity give the middle school years a bad reputation, but Rowan-Salisbury Principal of... read more