Authorities say woman took $700 worth of perfume from CVS, tried to blame daughter
Police say they charged a Salisbury woman with taking more than $700 worth of perfume from a local pharmacy and returning two days later, taking some facial cream.
Salisbury Police charged Dawn Tucker Stratton, 57, of the 4100 block of Goodman Lake Road, with resist, obstruct, delay an officer, shoplifting and concealment of merchandise, all of which are misdemeanors.
An officer went to CVS Pharmacy in the 1700 block of East Innes Street on Friday night where officials there said a woman was caught on camera taking 16 bottles of perfume on Sept. 10. On Friday, she was seen taking $35.99 worth of Olay facial cream.
Authorities say when officers arrived, Stratton was already detained and denied taking the items. In fact, a report said Stratton told officials they were mistaken and it was her daughter on a store surveillance camera.
According to the store camera the woman was seen pushing aside the lock and getting into the perfume case. She slipped 16 bottles inside her purse and was in and out of the store in six minutes. Store officials recognized her the second time, a report said.
She has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center under a $1,000 secured bond.
In other police reports:
• A man reported Friday a bicycle was stolen from the 400 block of South West Street.
• A woman reported Friday bicycles were stolen from the 700 block of North Fulton Street.
• A woman reported Friday a larceny occurred in the 400 block of Pinewood Avenue.
• A man reported Saturday a simple physical assault occurred. It was reported at Novant Health Rowan Medical Center.
• Cereberus Firearms reported Saturday a breaking and entering occurred in the 700 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Wendy’s reported Saturday an embezzlement in the 800 block of South Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• A sexual assault was reported Saturday to have occurred in July and was reported in the 1000 block of Roundknob Avenue.
• A woman reported Saturday someone took copper and damaged her property in the 1900 block of East Innes Street.
• A man reported Saturday a bicycle was stolen in the 1200 block of West Monroe Street.
• A man reported Saturday a larceny in the 100 block of Ridge Avenue.
• A woman reported Saturday a simple physical assault occurred in the 1700 block of North Long Street.
• A man reported Saturday his license plate was stolen from the 300 block of North Jackson Street.
• A man reported Saturday a larceny occurred in the 200 block of North Martin Luther King Jr. Avenue.
• A woman reported a Sunday a simple physical assault occurred in the 600 block of South Clay Street.
• A woman reported Sunday a vandalism occurred in the 100 block of Ridge Avenue.
• A break-in was reported Sunday in the 600 block of Industrial Avenue at a storage unit.
• A man reported Sunday someone stole personal items from the 1500 block of East Innes Street.
• A man reported Sunday a burglary occurred in the 100 block of Elyse Avenue.
• A woman reported Sunday she received threatening text messages from her ex-boyfriend in the 700 block of Hall Street.
• A man reported Sunday a larceny from a vehicle in the 100 block of Norris Drive.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Thursday items were taken from his building in the 8100 block of Smith Road, Kannapolis.
• A man reported Thursday someone pawned a laptop that belonged to him in the 200 block of Haven Trail, China Grove.
• An inmate assaulted a detention center officer Thursday by biting him on the arm.
• A man reported a larceny Thursday in the 1300 block of Shue Road, China Grove.
• A man reported Thursday a larceny from a vehicle in the 1100 block of McCanless Road.
• A woman reported Thursday a burglary in the 1800 block of Old Union Church Road.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.