Answers to Page 1D news quiz
1. D. The complete rehabilitation of the old Bernhardt Hardware is expected to take about a year-and-a-half.
2. C. The $17.4 million cost apparently is less expensive than trying to renovate the existing Knox Middle School.
3. A. The first annual West End Classic is a collaboration among Livingstone College, the city of Salisbury and members of the West End Pride and West End Community Organization.
4. B. The goats will be in Spencer another week or two before leaving and returning next year during the peak growing season for kudzu.
5. C. The road closing associated with the West Innes Street bridge replacement had turned a 60-second commute to class into a 15-minute journey, according to Norris, so she was elated to have the bridge open again.
6. C. Hoy is a retired Lutheran pastor and Wisconsin native who moved to Rowan County in 2009.
7. B. Gildan officials say they have started an “internal investigation” into causes of the noise.
8. D. The Spencer Board of Aldermen approved changes in town ordinances that will ban curbside mailboxes in the historic district and along Salisbury Avenue from Jefferson Street south to 17th Street.
9. B. The Southern Piedmont Farm School teaches new farmers and those in transition the business aspects and various farming operations within North Carolina.
10. D. The number of unaffiliated voters in Rowan County has increased by 2,433 people since 2012.
SALISBURY — With a county fair backdrop featuring milking, shucking, harvesting, pie-baking and entertainment from Minnie Pearl, the Rowan County... read more