Man remains jailed, accused of stealing neighbor’s collectibles, jewelry, guns
A China Grove man remains in the county jail after officials said he stole a coin collection and firearms from his neighbor’s Pethel Road home.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office charged Clint Allan Fontenot, 25, of the 500 block of Pethel Road, with safecracking, breaking and entering, larceny, four counts larceny of a firearm, three counts obtaining property by false pretenses, all of which are felonies. He’s also been charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and simple possession of a scheduled III, both are misdemeanors.
Fontenot remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $50,000 secured bond.
The incidents occurred July 10 through July 12, a warrant said.
Fontenot is accused of going into a home in the same neighborhood where he lives and taking the coins, valued at over $5,000.
Also taken was a Marlin 30-30 rifle, two 12-gauge shotguns and a .22-caliber revolver.
Warrants said the stolen items that also included a necklace and pendant were pawned at Pearl’s Pawn and Gun in China Grove.
Fontenot was in possession of a three hydrocodone tablets also a spoon with residue and burn marks.
In 2009, Fontenot was convicted of larceny, consuming alcoholic beverage under 21 and financial card fraud, all are misdemeanors.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A burglary and vandalism were reported Friday at the YMCA soccer field in the 1500 block of Majolica Road.
• A woman reported Friday someone stole two diamond rings from her home in the 100 block of Farm Drive, Woodleaf.
• A man reported Sunday the theft of a firearm in the 200 block of Earnest Miller Road.
• A man reported Sunday a burglary in the 200 block of Old Gin Road, Mount Ulla.
• Jessica Leighann Ramsey, 19, was charged Friday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule VI in the 1200 block of Miller Road, China Grove.
• Heather Christine Childers, 39, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule III in the 500 block of North Enochville Avenue, Kannapolis.
• Crystal Ann Kelley, 35, was charged Saturday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 100 block of Leader Lane, Kannapolis.
• Wendy Michelle Laney, 25, was charged Sunday with felony obstruction of justice while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
In police reports:
• A woman reported Monday someone broke into her home in the 300 block of West 15th Street.
• A man reported Monday a larceny of a vehicle in the 600 block of Cordova Court.
• A woman reported Monday a door at her home was damaged in a possible break-in attempt in the 1700 block of Second Street.
• Rasheed Mustafa Hasan, 30, was charged Monday with misdemeanor disorderly conduct/disturbing the peace in the 600 block of Harrel Street.
• Charisse Michelle Shavers, 42, was charged Monday with misdemeanor larceny in the 300 block of Faith Road.
• Brucey Carlton Hancock, 21, was charged Monday with felony larceny in the 100 block of Stonefield Lane.
• Demario L. Jefferies, 28, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor larceny in the 1400 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-253