Answers to 1D news quiz
1. D. Food Lion President Beth Newlands Campbell says Food Lion will provide 500 million meals by the end of 2020 to 30 partner food banks in the 10 states where Food Lion does business.
2. B. Among VA medical centers in North Carolina, the Hefner VA in Salisbury has the best wait time at 29 days; Fayetteville, the worst at 83 days.
3. A. Cohen joins Raymond Coltrain and Gene Miller in going the petition route so they can be unaffiliated candidates in November for county commissioner.
4. A. In 1917, L.D. Peeler launched Cheerwine, which is owned and distributed by the Carolina Beverage Co. and Cheerwine Bottling Co.
5. D. The extreme-cold procedure is called cryoablation.
6. B. A onetime “back-page” columnist for Sports Illustrated, Reilly wrote his last sports column for ESPN.com June 10 and will focus on his on-camera work for the sports network.
7. C. Commissioners are including A, B and D in the financing package, along with a chiller plant for Rowan-Cabarrus Community College. There is no proposal for a new lake at Dan Nicholas Park.
8. D. The new three-floor building will be used for acute psychiatric patients and inpatients dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder.
9. A. At less than 900 rooms, Rowan County has the capacity to grow, tourism officials say.
10. C. James River Equipment is currently located at 805 Klumac Road and sees the new site as offering higher visibility and a higher traffic count.