Thieves make off with thousands of dollars in tools
Someone broke into a local body shop overnight and stole $30,000 to $35,000 worth of tools. Authorities said thieves forced their way into the business.
The break-in occurred sometime between Monday around 4:30 p.m. and 10 a.m. Tuesday in the 6200 block of South Main Street. The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office is looking into the incident.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• Schwan’s Home Service reported Tuesday someone broke into the business sometime between 8 a.m. May 3 and 10:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of Montclair Drive.
• A woman reported Tuesday her vehicle was stolen in the 600 block of Brown Road, China Grove.
• A woman reported Tuesday items were taken from her purse in the 500 block of Corriher Gravel Road, China Grove.
• A man reported Tuesday a larceny in the 5600 block of South Main Street.
• A woman reported Tuesday a burglary occurred in the 400 block of Rainey Road.
In police reports:
• Shots were reported being fired around 2 a.m. Tuesday from a vehicle at Statesville Boulevard near Brenner Avenue area.
• A woman reported Wednesday her grandson stole a check from her in the 500 block of West Innes Street.
• Authorities are investigating a fire reported Wednesday in the 1700 block of South Main Street.
• A woman reported a larceny Wednesday in the 700 block of Mitchell Avenue.
• A woman reported Wednesday she was assaulted by her boyfriend in the 1600 block of Standish Street.
• A woman reported Wednesday an assault occurred in the 700 block of Partee Street.
• A woman reported a burglary Thursday in the 800 block of South Church Street.
• Pierre Alonzo Rush, 31, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana in the 1200 block of Grady Street.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.