Police seize marijuana from teens hanging out at Kelsey Scott Park after dark
Police cited two teens with marijuana possession after officers patrolling Kelsey Scott Park after dark stopped them late Saturday night.
Salisbury Police issued citations to Keegan Giste, 16, and Madison Roberts, 16, for simple possession of marijuana. Police seized three grams of marijuana from Giste, which he admitted to having. Police say Roberts told them she had marijuana inside her purse and they seized five grams.
Police Capt. Shelia Lingle said they’ve had issues with motorists driving through the grass at the park after hours so officers have increased patrols at the park. The officer smelled marijuana coming from one of the cars at the park.
In other police reports:
• A woman reported a larceny Friday in the 600 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A man reported a burglary Friday in the 800 block of South Ellis Street.
• A teen reported a larceny Friday at Salisbury High School in the 500 block of Lincolnton Road.
• Someone reported a recycling bin was intentionally set on fire Friday in the 300 block of Foster Lane.
• An instance of credit card fraud was reported Friday in the 400 block of Vance Avenue.
• A woman reported someone assaulted her Friday in the 100 block of Old Concord Road.
• A woman reported a vandalism Friday in the 400 block of Ferndale Drive.
• Police seized marijuana at a traffic stop Saturday at the corner of Brenner Avenue and Old Wilkesboro Road.
• A man reported vandalism Saturday in the 1400 block of Filbert Street.
• An assault was reported Saturday in the 1000 block of Fulton Street.
• Police seized a knife Sunday in the 100 block of Crawford Street.
• A larceny was reported Sunday on the 200 block of Neita Drive.
• A man reported credit card fraud Sunday in the 400 block of South Fulton Street.
• A burglary was reported Sunday in the 100 block of Reamer Circle.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man reported a gun was taken from a home Thursday in the 7000 block of Beaver Road, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported her home in the 300 block of Graham Road, Mount Ulla, was broken into while she was at work Thursday.
• A man reported Thursday someone took items out of his home in the 400 block of Wiley Avenue.
• Phillip Randall Hoffner, 26, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor injury to personal property and second-degree trespassing in the 11300 block of Old Concord Road, Rockwell.
• Steven Taz Strader, 17, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor weapons on campus or educational property in the 8000 block of N.C. 801, Mount Ulla.
• Laquesha Sharma Delores Hopkins, 22, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor assault.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.
TROY — A Nature and History Day at the lost town of Lawrenceville will be held 1 p.m.-4 p.m. April... read more