Crime Blotter: Two charged after trying to run from officers, faced with violating probation
Salisbury Police officers had to chase two men they say were at a Salisbury residence Wednesday afternoon. The men, both of whom are currently on probation, were charged with drug offenses.
Police went to the home located in the 1000 block of West Horah Street where they found two men, one of whom was in possession of marijuana and hydrocodone pills. While there, police charged Terrence Alexander Morris, 22, with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer and probation violation. Barry Pernell Mosley, Jr., 23, is charged with resist, obstruct, delay and officer, possession with the intent to manufacture a controlled schedule III substance and possession with the intent to manufacture a controlled schedule VI substance.
Morris is on probation for an August 2013 conviction for misdemeanor larceny. He was also convicted in 2011 of drug possession, according to the N.C. Department of Correction.
Mosley is on probation for a January 2013 conviction for felony breaking and entering, misdemeanor drug possession and misdemeanor assault by pointing a gun. In 2011, he was convicted of possession of drug paraphernalia, the state department of corrections says.
Also from the Salisbury Police Department:
• A 32-year-old Salisbury man reported larceny from a vehicle located in the 300 block of West Corriher Avenue. He told police he thought it happened around 2 p.m. Monday
• Sun Trust bank reported a fraud by false pretenses offense occurred at the branch located at 507 W. Innes St., Salisbury, saying it happened Tuesday just before 1:30 p.m.
• A 24-year-old woman reported to police Tuesday she was physically assaulted in the 200 block of Pearl Street.
• Someone broke into Hairston Funeral Home overnight on Tuesday. The business is located at 703 S. Main St.
• Integrity Auto Repair reported a break-in occurred overnight Tuesday. The business is located at 1103 Statesville Blvd.
• Felecia Sylvia Cureton, 24, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor vandalism while in the 300 block of Ludwick Ave.
• A West Horah Street woman reported someone fraudulently bought a Macbook laptop in her name. The 54-year-old woman reported the incident on Wednesday.
• On Wednesday, officials at Henderson Independent High School, 1215 N. Main St., reported a student had a weapon on the campus.
From the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office:
• A 25-year-old woman reported Monday her vehicle was broken into while in Salisbury. She believes the incident occurred sometime between Saturday and Sunday night.
• A 43-year-old Kannapolis man reported his roommate assaulted him in the 100 block of Iris Lane overnight Monday.
• A larceny was reported Monday that a 60-year-old man said occurred while in the 1300 block of Bull Dog Lane in Gold Hill sometime between March 13 and March 15.
• A China Grove man reported on Monday he was the victim of a burglary that occurred sometime between March 13 and March 17 in the 3300 block of Daughtery Road.
• Someone broke into a car and took stereo equipment from a vehicle located in the 3000 block of West Innes Street. The victim, a 24-year-old man, told authorities the incident occurred sometime between 6 p.m. Sunday and 2 p.m. Monday.
• A 64-year-old Salisbury man reported Monday someone stole multiple power tools and cash from property located in the 100 block of Lois Lane. He believes it occurred sometime between March 1 and Monday night.
• Michael Deshawn Mason, 38, was charged Monday with felony habitual felon.
• Winfield Broadnax, 47, was charged Monday with habitual felon.
• Gary Anthony Bigelow, 42, of the 100 block of Settlers Grove Lane, Salisbury, was charged with misdemeanor simple assault.
• A 70-year-old Cleveland man reported Tuesday that someone stole the license plate from his vehicle located in the 100 block of Chasse Court. He believes it was taken between March 15 and March 17.
• A 55-year-old Rockwell man reported Tuesday that someone forced their way into his property in the 6100 block of Old Beatty Ford Road.
• A thief took a handgun from an unlocked vehicle parked in the 1200 block of Timber Spring Lane, Salisbury. The victim, a 34-year-old man, says the gun was last secured Monday around 2 p.m.
• A 36-year-old Kannapolis man reported Tuesday someone stole his four-wheeler from his property located in the 400 block of North Enochville Avenue.