Mobile food pantry traveling around Concord, Kannapolis
CONCORD — Second Harvest Food Bank and Cooperative Christian Ministry will sponsor a mobile food pantry from 10 a.m. to noon at the following locations:
• March 27, St. James Catholic Church, 139 Manor Ave. SW, Concord.
• April 10, Memorial United Methodist Church, 1100 West C St., Kannapolis.
• April 24, Roberta United Methodist Church. 3925 Cochran Rd., Concord.
• May 22, The Village Shopping Center (Big Lots), 280 Concord Parkway S., Concord, sponsored by Harmony UMC, Bethlehem Baptist & Maranatha Worship Center.
• June 5, First Wesleyan Church, 301 Bethpage Rd., Kannapolis.
• June 19, Bethpage Presbyterian Church, 6020 Mooresville Rd., Kannapolis.
• July 17, Mt. Olivet United Methodist Church, 301 Mt. Olivet Rd., Kannapolis.
• July 31, Forest Hill United Methodist Church, 265 Union St. N., Concord.
• Aug, 28, Midway United Methodist Church, 708 S. Main St., Kannapolis.
• Sept. 25, Connect Christian Church, 3101 Davidson Hwy., Concord.
• Oct. 23, The Village Shopping Center (Big Lots), 280 Concord Parkway S., Concord; Sponsored by Poplar Tent Presbyterian Church.
You must be present to receive food. Limit one per household. Register the day of the pantry. Prepare to carry home at least three bags of free groceries,
At registration, you will be asked for the following:
• Your name
• Number of people in your family
• Your address
• Your household’s gross income
In case of bad weather, the Mobile Pantry will be canceled.