Blue Bears stay unbeaten in Fla.
Livingstone’s men’s basketball team rolled 82-65 at Nova Southeastern on Tuesday in Ft. Lauderdale on the first day of their Florida swing.
The Blue Bears (6-0) are ranked 13th nationally and take on No. 3 Drury today.
Jody Hill and Mark Thomas poured in 23 points apiece for the Blue Bears.
Livingstone made 11 3-pointers, including five by Hill and three by Thomas.
Christian Henry had nine points and 10 rebounds, and Eric Mayo had nine points and 11 rebounds.
Thomas had a team-high four assists.
Livingstone led 32-28 at halftime over the Sharks (2-7).
Justin Jengerard and Chris Page scored 14 points each for the Sharks.
Davie’s boys basketball team lost 79-72 in a non-conference game at Lexington on Tuesday.
Davie led 42-35 at halftime.
Peyton Sell scored 29 points for the War Eagles (1-7). Nic Starnes added 14 points.
Nolan Benson scored 26 for the Yellow Jackets.
• Davie’s girls lost 65-55 to Lexington.
Aubrianna Peebles scored 14 points for the War Eagles (3-4).
Ashlyn Hampton scored 12, Ivey Carney had 11, and Madison Zaferatos scored nine.
A.L. Brown’s girls won their first MECKA game by rolling 66-48 against Vance.
Aitana Grant scored 18 for the Wonders. Esther Kituku had 14, Sascha McCoy had 11, and Tiera Grier scored nine.
• A.L. Brown’s boys lost to Vance 73-52 in MECKA action on Tuesday.
Torin Dorn scored 24 for Vance.
Luke Maye scored 36 points to lead Hough to a 85-69 win against Robinson.
Jordan McKenzie scored 23 for the Bulldogs.
Shelby Lowe scored 15 points and Brittany Small had 10 as East Rowan’s jayvee girls beat Northwest Cabarrus 39-11.
• Carson’s jayve boys won 40-29 against South Rowan to boost their record to 5-2.
• East Rowan’s jayvee boys won 50-36 against Northwest Cabarrus.
East (4-3) got 21 points from Datavian Davis. Logan Shuping scored 10. Corbin Elliott had nine points and 11 rebounds.
Sacred Heart’s varsity girls won 35-20 over Summit School in Winston Salem. Julia Honeycutt led with 12 points, 20 rebounds, seven steals and three assists. Mary McCullough added 10 points and eight rebounds, and Mary Sobataka, Olivia Dagenhart and Lauren Denhard also scored.
• Sacred Heart’s varsity boys defeated Summit 57-33. Michael Childress led the Dolphins (7-1)with 20 points and six assists. Jack Fisher had 10 points and 11 rebounds. Will Taylor also scored 10. Eric Turnbull and Henry Holman had six points each. Melvin Bonilla led the defense.
Both varsity teams travel to Our Lady of Mercy in Winston Salem on Thursday.
Salisbury is the host team for the Rowan County Meet on Saturday.
• East Rowan won 57-24 against Northwest Cabarrus in a home match on Tuesday.
Max Wall, Cody Hiatt, Marcus Warren and Kevin Phillips won by pins for the Mustangs. Luke Miller won a decision.
By Mike London firstname.lastname@example.org KANNAPOLIS — A.L. Brown senior Zach Mullinax has gotten used to it. People ask him where…
KANNAPOLIS — A.L. Brown senior Zach Mullinax has gotten used to it. People ask him where he’s going to college,... read more