West, South Juniors win
West Rowan Junior Legion won 6-5 at South Iredell on Monday.
Micah Marsh had three doubles and drove in five runs.
Tyler Poteat knocked in pinch-runner Bryan Ketchie with the deciding run in the seventh.
Hunter Shepherd pitched six strong innnings for the win. Austin Love got the save.
West (5-3, 1-0) plays at home at West Rowan High on Friday against Davidson County.
• Kannapolis Junior Legion scored five runs in the first and won 8-3 against visiting Rowan County on Monday.
Jackson Raper had three hits for Kannapolis. Michael Young and Logan Wagner had two hits each. Joey Bonarrigo drove in two runs.
Adam Barrows was the winning pitcher.
Bryant Godsey and Dustin Ritchie had two hits each for Rowan.
The Rowan Juniors play at home tonight against Mooresville and on Wednesday against Stanly.
• South Rowan Junior Legion won 6-4 against Mocksville on Monday.
Blake Johnson pitched six innings for the win, and Dillon Norton worked a 1-2-3 seventh for the save.
Chandler Corriher had three hits for South, while Chase Labbe and Zach Tatarka had two each.
South won’t play again until it entertains Rowan County on June 6.
Concord won 11-1 against Kannapolis in a 10-run rule game on Monday.
Kannapolis returns to action at home against Concord on May 31. Kannapolis will play a doubleheader at Davidson County on June 1.
• Southern Rowan is off tonight and returns to action on Wednesday at Mocksville’s Rich Park.
At 5-1, Southern Rowan has matched the second-best start in program history. The program won its first six games in 2009 before losing 13-12 to Rowan County.
• Rowan County plays at Concord tonight at the Central Cabarrus field.
Rowan plays at High Point on Thursday at Finch Field.
Raul Mondesi hit for the cycle as the Lexington Legends beat Kannapolis 7-4 on Monday. Mondesi tripled in the first, homered in the third, singled in the fifth and doubled in the sixth.He was the first Lexington player to hit for the cycle in six years.
Red-hot Micah Johnson hit a two-run homer for the Intimidators.
The McCanless Couples played a Captain’s Choice format on Sunday.
The winning team members were Eileen Full, David Huneycutt and Walt and Kim Kincaid. The second-place team was Robin Leslie, Glen Trexler and Mary and Gene Seaford.
Longest putt was won by David Huneycutt, while closest to the pin was won by Treyva Honeycutt.
Army and Jon Crucitti (West Rowan) will play in the Charlottesville regional against Virginia when regional play begins on Friday.
Carson will hold a basketball elementary camp for girls who will be in kindergarten through 5th grade on July 8-11, from 4-7 p.m. The gym opens at 3 p.m. Cost is $50 and includes a T-shirt.
• Carson will hold a middle school camp for girls who will be in grades 6-8 on Monday, July 15 through Thursday, July 18 from 4-7 p.m. Gym opens at 3. Daily concessions. Cost is $50 and includes a T-shirt. Contact Brooke Misenheimer at 704-855-5034 or email@example.com.