Winston-Salem couple charged in Salisbury break-in

Published 12:00 am Wednesday, May 2, 2012

By Nathan Hardin
SALISBURY — A Winston-Salem couple has been charged with breaking into a Salisbury home last month.
According to a Rowan County Sheriff’s Office report, authorities were contacted by a private citizen in Winston-Salem when he realized the Winchester rifle he purchased was stolen.
Investigators said the rifle was sold at a flea market by 25-year-old Darkeisha Lilly and 21-year-old Jarsha Williamson.
They were each charged with felony larceny, felony larceny of a firearm and felony breaking and entering.
According to the report, authorities expect more break-in charges for the couple as investigations conclude.
Rowan detective Adam Loflin was investigating an April 1 burglary on Sides Road when the rifle turned up at Cook’s flea market in Winston -Salem on April 3.
Deputies spoke to the man who bought the gun, and then to the owner of the seller’s booth.
Capt. John Sifford said the seller “assisted” deputies in finding and meeting the two people who brought him the gun.
Investigators met Lilly and Williamson, who authorities said provided the weapon, in the parking lot of a motel in Winston-Salem.
Detectives from Winston- Salem Police, Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office and the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office searched the vehicle and found another four rifles, and “numerous cell phones and GPS units,” the report said.
Two passengers in the vehicle’s back seat were also taken into custody during the investigation.
Their names were not listed in the report.
Lilly was moved from Forsyth County jail to the Rowan County jail on Tuesday.
She was in jail under a $15,000 bond.
Williamson has also been charged with two counts of felony possession of stolen goods, two counts of failing to appear in court, felony breaking and entering, felony larceny after breaking and entering, felony obtaining property by false pretense and felony possession of a firearm by a felon, according to the Forsyth County jail website.
He was in court Wednesday and remains in custody under a $69,300 bond.