Filing for office begins today
Filing begins at noon today and ends at noon Feb. 29 for offices ranging from Kannapolis school board to Congress.
Here are the offices for which candidates can file at the Rowan County Board of Elections and the filing fee:
• County commissioner, two seats, $122.08 filing fee
• N.C. Senate, districts 25 and 34, $207 filing fee
• N.C. House of Representatives, districts 76 and 77, $207 filing fee
• Kannapolis Board of Education, one Rowan seat and two Cabarrus seats, $5 filing fee
Candidates for the following offices representing Rowan must file at the State Board of Elections in Raleigh:
• U.S. House of Representatives, 5th District, 8th District and 12th District, $1,740 filing fee
• District Court judge, one seat, $1,094 filing fee
Filing for statewide offices also begins at noon today in Raleigh. Included in the offices up for election this year are governor, lieutenant governor, attorney general, secretary of state, state treasurer, state auditor, superintendent of public instruction, agriculture commissioner, insurance commissioner, labor commissioner and N.C Supreme Court justice and N.C. Court of appeals judge.
Primary elections for those offices will be held May 8, but filing for other offices will take place later.
One Rowan Soil and Water Conservation District supervisor will be elected this year. Filing for that office starts at noon June 11 and ends at noon July 6.
And voters will choose three Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education members — to represent the East, Salisbury and Southeast districts. Filing starts at noon July 20 and ends at noon Aug. 17 for those seats.