More file for local elections; Faith deadline extended
Several last-minute candidates filed before the noon deadline at the Rowan Board of Elections today, but filing for Faith has been extended to noon Wednesday. The town needs one more candidate.
Here’s who filed this morning to run for municipal boards:
• Cleveland: Leonard M. West.
• East Spencer: Theodore Gladden, Carlton Ellis and Curtis Cowan.
• Faith: Bill Johnson Jr. and Gary Gardner.
• Granite Quarry: Buddy Miller and Michael Brinkley.
• Rockwell: Chris Stiller and Eric Moore.
• Salisbury: Benjamin Lynch.
• Spencer: Jody Everhart for mayor, unopposed: Kevin Jones, Scott Benfield, Reid Walters, Robert Bennett, the former police chief, and Jim Gobbel for alderman.
Look for details in Saturday’s Post.