Drug dealers charged after undercover investigation
Six suspected drug dealers have been charged after an undercover operation and four more suspects are being sought.
The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office announced the arrest Thursday in a joint operation with the Salisbury Police Department,
Over the past two months, the Criminal Investigation Division of the Sheriff’s Office has made drug buys from nearly a dozen people.
Police and deputies rounded up the six suspected drug dealers on Thursday who face multiple felony charges.
Here is a list of those arrested Thursday:
– Erica Fox, 21, 155 Misty Lane, Rockwell, two counts possession with intent to sell, distribute marijuana, two counts of sell and deliver marijuana; two counts possession with intent to sell, distribute Ecstacy, sell and deliver Ecstacy; two counts conspiracy to sell and deliver controlled substances;
– Vickie Ranzinger, 42, 1555 Misty Lane, Rockwell, one count of possession with intent to sell or deliver marijuana; one count sell and deliver marijuana; maintaining a dwelling to store and sell controlled substances;
– Michael Dale Bost, 20, 150 Drew Circle, possession with intent to sell and distribute hydrocodone pills one count sell and deliver hydrocodone;
– Gaston Goodman, 20, 114 Lauren Lane, possession with intent to sell and deliver Schedule hydrocodone; three counts of trafficking in opium; maintaining a vehicle to sell a controlled substance;
– William Bret Adkins, 22, 338 Sunset Manor Apartments, possession with intent to sell, sell and deliver marijuana;
– James Baker Sr., 73, 1110 Inglewood Lane, possession with intent to sell, deliver Schedule morphine pills, two counts possession with intent to sell, deliver morphine pills; maintaining a dwelling to sell controlled substances; trafficking in opium, four counts.
When Baker was arrested, officers found he was carrying a concealed weapon and had pills in his possession.
As a result he was charged with carrying a concealed weapon, and possession with intent to sell, distribute morphine.
All of the charges against the six are felonies except for the concealed weapon charge against Baker which is a misdemeanor.
The Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s help in locating four additional people:
– Shane Thomas Newsome, 24, 2608 Old Mocksville Ave.;
– Jonathan Newsome, 20, 2608 Old Mocksville Ave.;
– Amber Deagostino, 22, 17370 Dooley Road, Cleveland;
– Larry Cruse, 21, 812 E. Franklin St.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of the four people is asked to call Lt. Chad Moose 704-216-8687, Sgt. Lane Kepley 704-216-8693 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.