Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
A suspect was caught with 25 bags of mortar mix in his truck, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Department.
Rick Williams of Dream Builders Construction Co. reported someone was trying to steal the bags Dec. 29. A deputy responding to the call charged Felipe Rodriguez Padilla, 39, 1410 Murabito Lane, Kannapolis, with misdemeanor larceny.
Padilla was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 30 trial date.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Robert Reynolds, 1075 Roy Cline Road, Rockwell, reported Dec. 28 that his four- wheeler had been stolen from his beside his front porch after someone cut the cable securing it.
– Barry Cassell reported the Dec. 28 attempted theft of a vehicle from a field at 197 Crowder Dixon Road. The vehicle was returned to the owner.
– Sue Wyatt reported Dec. 28 that someone had fraudulently charged several phones to her Sprint account.
– A vehicle belonging to Scott Thomas was broken into Dec. 29 while it was parked beside I-85 near Moose Road.
– Denise LaRose reported Dec. 29 that someone had taken her daughter’s credit card from her purse and made charges against it at a store in the county.
– Owen Madden, 1965 Cannon St. Extension, Rockwell, reported Dec. 29 that someone had stolen tools from his storage building.
– Harry Hemsley reported Dec. 29 that someone had pried open the door to his camper trailer while it was parked at 3106 E. Ridge Road, and stolen a firearm, food and drinks from inside it.
– Curtis Lee Williams, 20, 2685 Corriher Grange Road, Mount Ulla, was charged Dec. 31 with simple assault. Trial date is Jan. 22.
– Bradley Henderson reported Dec. 29 that someone had broke into his camper trailer while it was parked at Elks Park, 6320 Long Ferry Road. Andrew Jenkins also reported that his camper trailer had been broken into and a television and stereo equipment stolen.
– Melissa Lee Ott, 39, 350 Robbins Lane, Lexington, was charged Dec. 29 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, operating a vehicle with no insurance, expired registration card/tag and expired/no inspection sticker. She was held under $1,500 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Amanda Gail Lawson, 485 Ridgeland Drive, Cleveland, reported Dec. 29 that jewelry had been stolen from her home.
– Cori Dawn Johnson of Thomasville, reported Dec. 29 that a car owned by Frances Medlin Mullis, also of Thomasville, had been stolen from the parking lot at 17665 Stokes Ferry Road, Richfield.
– Steven Ray Ledbetter, address given as streets of Kannapolis, was charged Dec. 29 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 154 Pembroke Lane, Kannapolis.
– Raybel Ortiz, 16, 2867 Heritage Drive, Winston-Salem, was charged Dec. 30 with carrying a concealed weapon and no operator’s license at the National Guard Armory, 5715 S. Main St. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a Jan. 25 trial date.
– Everett Lee Allman reported a riding mower and tiller totaling $2,000 in value had been stolen from his 165 Wilcoy Road home between Dec. 22 and 28.
– Lisa Foster Molenda, 41, 330 Pineywood St., China Grove, was charged Dec. 30 with resisting a public officer and failing to appear in court on misdemeanor larceny charges. She was held pending a first appearance in court.
– John Michael Koontz, 1610 Long Ferry Road, reported his sister Mary Ann Koontz’s car was stolen from their home the night of Dec. 30. The vehicle is valued at $5,000.
– Robin Page Cain, 1120 Upper Palmer Road, and Mildred Sherrill Mills, 1140 Upper Palmer Road, both reported their vehicles had been broken into while they were parked at 1716 Lower Palmer Road Dec. 28. A $200 stereo was stolen from one of them.
– Delia R. Wyrick, 150 Archer Road, reported a burglar broke into her home Dec. 31 and tried to set it on fire.
– Shirley Brown, 2805 Sylvester Road, China Grove, was charged Dec. 31 with possession of drug paraphernalia at her home.
– Timothy Scott Mawery, 44, 180 Meadow Lake Drive, was charged Jan. 1 with possession of less than ć ounce of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia when deputies responded to a domestic disturbance call at his home. Trial date is Feb. 21.
– Destry Overcash, 1160 Red Line Road, China Grove, was charged Jan. 1 with two counts of assault on a government official after two officers responded to a domestic disturbance call at his home.
– Wanda Barger Bogle, 140 Barger Estates Drive, reported a bullet pierced the roof of her home just after 8 a.m. Jan. 1.
– Erik Jackman of Greenbelt, Md., reported his vehicle was damaged as he traveled on I-85 Jan. 1 after someone threw a rock at the car. Damage totaled $1,000.
– David Edward Kerley, 900 S. Valley St., Landis, reported a $50 Wal-Mart gift card was stolen from his home between Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.
– David Franklin Correll, 1475 Woodleaf-Barber Road, Cleveland, reported an attempted break-in at his home Jan. 1.
– Audrey Sue Ballard, 46, 19180 Old Beatty Ford Road, was charged Dec. 29 with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle based on a complaint by Debbie Smith of Concord. Ballard was released on a written promise to appear in court Jan. 24.
– Regina Williams Bostian, 22, 180 Rainwood Mobile Home Park, Lot 18, was charged Dec. 30 with making harassing phone calls based on a complaint by Wayne Bostian, 1012 Fisher St., Faith. She was released on a written promise to appear in court Feb. 14.
– Anthony Burnett, 34, 180 Myers Place, was charged Dec. 30 with communicating threats, second-degree trespassing and simple assault based on a complaint by Carmen Torres, 140 Myers Place. Trial date is Feb. 7.
– Michael A. Burnett, 47, 180 Myers Place, was charged Dec. 28 with second-degree trespassing and communicating threats based on a complaint by Carmen Torres, 140 Myers Place. Trial date is Feb. 7.
– Ashley Nichole Carpenter, 21, 152 Dappler Lane, was charged Dec. 28 with a domestic violence protective order violation based on a complaint by Johnny Ray Miller Jr., 505 Academy St., Cleveland. She was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Jan. 31.
– Jason Kent Castor, 29, 1139 Pebble Point, was charged Dec. 28 with felony breaking and entering and felony larceny in Kannapolis. He was held under $2,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in Cabarrus District Court.
– James Hugh Cunningham IV, 26, 195 Buccaneer Circle, and Melissa Page Cunningham, 44, 1103 Arbor Drive, China Grove, were charged Dec. 30 with simple assault and second-degree trespassing based on a complaint by James Hugh Cunningham III, 121 Cruse Lane. The younger Cunningham was held under $500 secured bond pending a Feb. 14 trial date. Melissa Cunningham was held pending a bond hearing and Feb. 14 trial date.