Burglar attempts entry by drive-through window
A burglar tried to break into a local business through the drive-through window at 7:35 a.m. Feb. 7, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The suspect broke the glass in the window at Walgreen’s, 705 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
In other Police Department reports:
– Daniel Paheco reported property valued at $65 stolen Feb. 5 from 219 E. Bank St.
– Ryan Alexander Delpiano reported property stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 800 Lincolnton Road Feb. 6.
– Toni Elizabeth Cook, 37, 321 Woodson St., No. 33, was charged Feb. 7 with felony embezzlement of money from JC Penney in Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. She was held under $2,500 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– A counterfeit $50 bill was passed Feb. 7 at Cato’s in Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Michael Lynn Beck reported items stolen from his truck while it was parked at 123 N. Arlington St. Feb. 7.
– Robert Russell Weed reported $80 worth of Wal-Mart gift cards stolen Feb. 7 while he was at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Ricardo Alberto Saltarin, 800 Maupin Ave., reported four rims with tires stolen from under his house between Jan. 28 and Feb. 6.
– A 30-year-old male reported he was carjacked at gunpoint Feb. 7 after he had dropped off someone to whom he had given a lift to an apartment complex on Cedar Street.
– Candid Nicole Rankin, 28, was charged Feb. 6 with injury to personal property.
– Lasheika Shavon Sumner, 26, 711 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., No. 39J, was charged Feb. 7 with assault inflicting serious injury based on a complaint by Kendrick Demon Granford, 609 Elm St. She was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is March 20.
– Gregory Scott Adam, 1410 Lakewood Drive, reported items stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at the apartments Jan. 30.
– Harry Wilson and Ian Wilson reported their Mo-peds stolen Jan. 31 from 712 Maple Ave., Apartment 3.
– Kenyel Jenkins, 26, 519 E. Cemetery St., was charged Jan. 30 with injury to personal property. Trial date is March 6.
– Darry Edward Slaughter, 46, 200 Montclair Drive, was charged Jan. 30 with communicating threats, simple assault and felony taking indecent liberties with children. He was held under $75,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.- A laptop computer was stolen Jan. 29 or 30 from N-tech Solutions, 105 Statesville Blvd.
– Timothy McDaniel reported CDs stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 1305 Lakewood Drive the night of Jan. 29.
– Lloyd Lee Plummer, 41, was charged Jan. 30 with misdemeanor larceny of beer and toiletries from Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– A vandalism was reported at Inksane Tatoo, 1329 S. Main St., between Jan. 24 and 30.
– Matthew Leavy Cross reported his vehicle stolen the night of Jan. 30 from 214 E. Fisher St.
– Thomas Clark Llewellyn reported vandals damaged his vehicle while it was parked at 203 Ackert Ave. Jan. 31.
– James E. Conner Jr. was charged Jan. 31 with misdemeanor larceny of a $22.89 hair trimmer from Kmart, 815 E. Innes St.
– A 13-year-old boy was charged Jan. 31 with snatching a purse from Charlotte Rumsey as she shopped in a motorized chair Jan. 31 at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington. He was apprehended by another juvenile in the parking lot, and the purse was recovered undamaged.
– Subhash C. Saxena reported $40, four cartons of cigarettes stolen Jan. 31 from Papa Topps, 902 S. Main St.
– Lisa Renee McGruther, 40, 1230 Long Creek Road, Kings Mountain, was charged Jan. 31 with misdemeanor larceny of $95.58 worth of merchandise from Kmart, 815 E. Innes St. Trial date is March 4.
– Ralph Fisher, 505 Sunset Drive, reported vandals damaged his mailbox the night of Jan. 30.
– Nancy Nickole Blakeley, 22, 220 S. Merritt Ave., was charged Feb. 8 with misdemeanor child abuse. Trial date is Feb. 27.