Red Cross December classes
Christmastime is a good time to give the gift of life. The Elizabeth Hanford Dole Chapter of the American Red Cross, 1930 Jake Alexander Blvd. W., invites you to come by and see its collection of first aid kits and other safety products you can give the person who has everything. The Red Cross also has gift certificates for CPR and first aid classes.
So many people have been saved recently because someone in Rowan County knew CPR or AED training. Everyone should be trained. You never know when you might need it.
The E.H.Dole Chapter of the American Red Cross offers various ways to certify or re-certify for training. Regular courses are great for first timers or long-ago certified participants because it offers a “practice-while-you ńwatch” DVD and hands-on practice. Individual courses are recommended for these participants.
For participants who have been certified in the previous 12 months, review courses save time, and combination courses save money. Included in all of the full courses are discussions about disease prevention and the Good Samaritan laws.
Scrubby Bear presentations for pre-school to grades 3 are available at no cost. To request a Scrubby Bear presentation on how to keep hands clean and keep from getting sick, give the Red Cross a call. With the flu season upon us, we need to do everything we can to get the word out about keeping our hands clean.
Please call 704-633-3854 for more information or to register for a class.
If you are a registered nurse and would like to volunteer to teach or help teach the Nurse Aide 1 program, contact Amy McGuire at the number above.
December 2009- First Aid ó 5:30-9 p.m., Dec. 1. $25.
– Adult CPR/AED Review ó 5:30-9:30 p.m., Dec. 2. $20.
– Adult/Child/Infant CPR Review ó Dec. 3, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. $30.
– Adult CPR/AED ó 9 a.m. -2 p.m., Dec. 7. $25.
– Infant/Child CPR ó 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Dec. 9. $30.
– CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer/HealthCare Provider 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Dec. 12. $50.
– Adult CPR/AED ó 5:30-10 p.m., Dec. 15. $25.
– Infant/Child CPR Review ó Dec. 17, 5:30-8:30 p.m. $25.
– Babysitter’s Training ó 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Dec. 19. $50.
– Adult CPR/First Aid ó 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Dec. 21. $40.