Education – R3 Center announces July schedule of career workshops
KANNAPOLIS ó The R3 Center is offering numerous career development workshops and resume clinics in July for adults in Cabarrus and Rowan counties. All of the programs are provided free-of-charge. The center has expanded its workshop schedule to include class locations in Cabarrus and Rowan counties.
Located at 164 Dale Earnhardt Blvd., in Kannapolis, the R3 Center is a career development center established by Rowan-Cabarrus Community College (RCCC) to assist workers who are unemployed or under-employed.
The center’s mission is built on three Rs ó a refocus on individual skills and interests, retraining and further education, and partnering with other workforce development agencies to secure career-oriented re-employment.
The center’s July schedule of workshops includes the following Cabarrus County sessions. Due to the popularity of its free workshops, the R3 Center strongly encourages clients to call the center in advance at 704-216-7201 to reserve a seat. Call also for specific workshop locations.- New Client Launch ó 9 to 10 a.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays; 6 to 7 p.m. on Mondays; and 2 to 3 p.m. on Thursdays. New Client Launch is an orientation program for persons who have never attended an R3 Center workshop or taken advantage of its other services.
– Is it Time for More Training? ó 10 a.m. to noon on July 6;
– Looking for Work with a Criminal Record ó 2 to 4 p.m. July 6;
– Identifying Your Career Options ó 6 to 8 p.m. July 7, and 10 a.m. to noon July 21;
– Interview Techniques ó 10 a.m. to noon July 8;
– Looking for Work at 50+ ó 6 to 8 p.m. July 8;
– On-line Job Hunting ó10 a.m. to noon July 9;
– Stand Out From the Competition ó 6 to 8 p.m. July 9;
– The ABCs of Computer Usage ó 10 a.m. to noon July 10;
– N.C. Research Campus Careers 101 ó 9 to 11 a.m. July 18;
– JobsNOW 12-in-6 Program ó 10 to noon July 22;
– Layoff Survival Tips ó10 a.m. to noon July 23;
– It’s Not About Who You Know ó It’s Who You Meet ó 6 to 8 p.m. July 23; and
– Back to School 101 ó 10 a.m. to noon July 24.
The center’s July schedule of workshops also includes the following Rowan County sessions. The R3 Center strongly encourages clients to call the center in advance at 704-216-7201, and reserve a seat. Call also for specific workshop locations.
– N.C. Research Campus Careers 101 ó 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. July 14;
– Indentifying Your Career Options ó 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. July 15;
– Looking for Work at 50+ ó 6 to 8 p.m. July 15;
– Is it Time for More Training? ó 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. July 16;
– JobsNOW 12-in-6 Program ó 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. July 28;
– Interview Techniques ó 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. July 29th; and
– Stand Out From the Competition ó 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. July 30.
The R3 Center will offer two resume clinics to help job searchers improve their current resume or create a new one from start to finish. Please call to reserve a seat. Clinics are scheduled for:
– 9 to 11 a.m. July 11; and
– 6 to 8 p.m. July 22.
The R3 Center helps adult workers assess and profile their skills, aptitudes, training and academic credentials, and future career interests to develop a plan for career growth.
All R3 Center services are provided free-of-charge. The center’s office hours are: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday.
The R3 Center partners with other workforce development agencies, including the Centralina Workforce Development Board, JobLink Career Centers of Cabarrus and Rowan counties, N.C. Employment Security Commission and other area community colleges.
For more information about the R3 Center and its services and programs, call 704-216-7201, or visit the center’s Web site at http://www. rowancabarrus.edu/r3center/.