American Red Cross rolls out November class schedule
The E.H.Dole Chapter of the American Red cross offers various ways to certify or re-certify for training.
Regular courses are great for first timers, or long-ago certified participants, because they offer a “practice-while-you ńwatch” DVD and hands-on practice. Individual courses are recommended for these participants.
For participants who have been certified in the previous 12 months, review” courses save time and combination courses save money. Included in all of the full courses are discussions about disease prevention and the Good Samaritan Laws.
They are also giving Scrubby Bear presentations for pre-schools, schools, churches, and youth groups, at no cost.
If you represent an organization and would like to have a Scrubby Bear presentation on how to keep hands clean and keep from getting sick, call to arrange a presentation.
Call 704-633-3854 for more information or to register for a class.
If you are a registered nurse and would like to volunteer to teach or help teach the Nurse Aide 1 program, contact Amy McGuire at the number above. November 2009- Adult CPR/AED Review ó 9 a.m.-1p.m., Nov. 2. $20.
– Adult/Child/Infant CPR Review ó 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Nov. 4. $30.
– Adult CPR/First Aid/AED ó 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Nov. 6, $40.
– Adult CRR/AED for the Professional Rescuer/HealthCare provider ó 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Nov. 7. $50.
– CPR/AED ó 5:30-9:30 p.m., Nov. 11. $30.
– Infant/Child CPR ó 5:30-9:30 p.m., Nov. 12. $30.
– Pet First Aid/CPR ó 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Nov. 13. $25.
– Babysitter’s Training ó 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Nov. 14. $50. Bring a lunch.
– First Aid. ó 5:30-8:30 p.m. Nov. 16. $25.
– Adult CPR/AED ó 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Nov. 20. $30.
– Adult/Child/Infant CPR Review ó 5-9 p.m., Nov. 21. $30.
– First Aid ó 9 a.m.-noon. Nov. 25. $25.