– Ham dinner at Memorial United Methodist Church, 1100 West “C” St., Kannapolis, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. May 16. Dine in or take out. Plate-$7; sandwich-$3, child’s plate available.
– Senior Democrats of Rowan County, Tuesday, May 19, Tower of Power Church, 601 E. Cemetery St. Lunch, 11:30; meeting at noon. Speaker, Sandy Reitz, on Community in the Schools activities. Open to all.
– Salisbury Seventh-day Adventist Church, 305 Rudolph Road, Saturday Service, 11 a.m.,guest speaker Steve Bietz, “The Haunting of the Cock-a-Doodle-Doo.” Saturday Sabbath school, 9:45 a.m.
– The United House of Prayer for All People kitchen will be open 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday.
– Back in the Day Dance sponsored by AKA sorority at Harold B. Jarret Post Saturday 9 p.m.-1 a.m.Tickets $20, available from any member of DXO chapter. 704-932-9363.
– Grace Deliverance Tabernacle Inc. Women of Power fellowship service. Topic: Health and Fitness. 8:30-noon Saturday. 1237 Old West Innes St. Dr. Patricia Trueblood, host pastor.
– Dixonville Lincoln Community Association will meet this Saturday at 5 p.m. at 805 Newsome Ropad. Urgent for all members to attend.
– NorthEast Mobile Mammography Van being hosted by New Hope Lutheran Church, 1615 Brantley Road, Kannapolis, Thursday, May 21. Appointments available by calling 704-403-1729.
– The Millbridge Ruritan Club, on Sloan Road across from Sloan Park, will host an all-you-can eat breakfast from 6:30 to 10 a.m. Saturday. Cost is $6. For more information, call 704-857-4410.
– Pork tenderloin fundraising dinner sponsored by Salem Lutheran Youth 5-7:30 p.m. Saturday. 5080 Sherrill’s Ford Road. Menu includes tenderloin, green beans, potatoes, slawn bread, drink, banana pudding. Eat in or take out. $10 per plate. Proceeds support trip to National Youth Gathering in New Orleans. 704-636-0256.