Davie Senior Services sponsors workshop on career building
Published 12:00 am Monday, March 30, 2009
MOCKSVILLE ó Davie County Senior Services, 278 Meroney St., Mocksville, will offer a workshop called “Rebuild Your Career Skills” on Monday, April 27 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
In these economic times, many retirees are thinking of going back to work, and many older workers are losing their jobs.
Senior services is pleased to offer a series of seminars to help you find the tools and skills you need to compete in today’s marketplace.
Schedule of seminars is as follows:
– 9 a.m. ó “How to Write a Winning Resume” Susan Alberty, Education Opportunity Center;
– 10 a.m. ó “Impressive Interview Skills” Susan Alberty, Education Opportunity Center;
– 11 a.m. ó “Matching Your Skills to Find the Perfect Job” Karen Hudson, Workforce Development/WIA;
– Noon ó Lunch;
– 1 p.m. ó “You’re Never Too Old to Return to School,” Rita Mathews and Traci Crisco, Davidson County Community College;
– 2 p.m. ó “Using the Computer in Your Job Search” Jackie Allen, Senior Services computer instructor.
Come to just the seminars that interest you, or stay for the whole day. A free lunch will be served to all registered participants who wish to eat.
This event is targeted to those 55 and older, but any interested adult is welcome. Pre-register by April 20 by calling 336-753-6230.