Davie County at Berry
* Time: 7:30 p.m.
* Records: Davie County 3-1; Berry Academy 0-4
* Series: Davie leads 1-0
* Last meeting: Berry was blown away early and often in a 57-0 Davie romp in Mocksville in 2007. That game was played on a Monday.
* Last week: Davie beat Providence Day 38-20; Berry lost to Matthews Butler 66-12
* Next week: Davie is off and it can really use the open week to heal injuries; Berry is at West Mecklenburg
* Game notes: Davie shouldnít have any trouble at all winning in Charlotte against a team that gave up 66 points Friday and has been outscored 164-32 in four outings.
Davieís victory over Berry last season was as one-sided as it gets. Berry had minus-66 rushing yards while Davie had 300 passing yards.
Davieís biggest concern right now is getting its injured players well and not getting anyone else hurt this week.
Davie opens CPC play in two weeks.
Davie has played its last two games without star running back James Mayfield (shoulder), but its gotten admirable efforts from backup Jacob Vernon, who has scored a touchdown in four straight games and Skeeter Montgomery, a receiver, who carried the ball last week and gained more than 200 yards and scored four TDs.
Quarterback Zach Illing and Joe Watson have been constants. Illing has already thrown for 817 yards and five TDs. Watson, who has 12 catches for 333 yards and four touchdowns and has emerged as a go-to guy.
Veteran Josh Burcham has been a stablizing force on the offensive line.
Davieís defensive unit has been up against good offenses, has missed injured linebacker Jared Barber and has some ugly numbers at this point.
The War Eagles are allowing 389.8 yards per game, but the defensive stats should look a lot better after tonightís game.