District Court Aug. 5
CSWóCommunity service work
DCóDismissed by the court
NAóNotice of appeal
PJC/CóPrayer for judgment continued/court costs
SAAóSubstance abuse assessment
VDóDismissal without leave by district attorney
Disposition of cases heard Aug. 5 in Rowan District Probation Violations and Worthless Checks Court by Judge Beth Dixon:
– Misdemeanor probation violation ó Saulon Acosta, Maria Ijames, probation terminated successfully; Cassandra Dawn Branch, Jessica Leigh Cruse, continue under former orders; Dana B. Canterbury, 45-day sentence activated; Krislyn Chunn, 30-day sentence activated, NA; Barbara Upright Crain, Dermarko D. Sturdivant, James Richard Wilson, probation extended six months from original expiration date; Mathew Flesher, Delwyn Jamar Smith, 30-day sentence activated; David Cornelius Gray, sentence activated, DART program recommended; Michael Dean Severt, 60-day sentence activated; Tiffany Lynn Smith, 10-day sentence activated.
– Violation of court order ó Tyrell Jermaine Chambers, continue under former orders; Mabel Scott, 30 days; Brad Terrence Simpson, violation dismissed, defendant in compliance.
– Misdemeanor probation violation out-of-county ó Michael James Clontz, probation terminated successfully; Nathan L. Harrington, special probation of 30 days in jail, comply with previous orders, NA; Phillip Harrington, 20-day sentence activated; Eric Justin Milan, two charges, 45-day and 150-day sentences activated, DART program; Carlos Redmond, sentence activated, credit 25 days served.
– Possession of drug paraphernalia ó David Gordon Edwards, also possession of up to a ounce of marijuana, 45 days, suspended, 18 months probation, court cost, SAA, abide by treatment recommendations.
– Failure to return property rented with purchase option ó Shavonda Green, VD; Tonya Parks, DC.
– Possession of up to a ounce of marijuana ó Joseph Nathan McKay, seven days, suspended 12 months, $50 fine, court cost.
– Exceeding posted speed ó Douglas C. Peck, PJC/C.
– Driving while license revoked ó Maressia Leeann Poole, PJC/C.
– Simple worthless check ó Shaquana Reid, three charges, VD in all three cases.
– Possession of Schedule VI controlled substance ó Phillip Henry Terry, 10 days, suspended 12 months, court cost, 24 hours CSW.
– Expired/no inspection sticker ó Douglas L. Peck, VD.