Notes from the Farmer’s Market
– Cucumbers, squash and corn are in generous supply.
– Okra is selling out rapidly, so you need to be early if you want it.
– Local cantaloupes and peaches are available.
– Landis Gourmet Mushrooms has limited supplies of mushrooms, which sell quickly. They’re also offering tussie mussies, classic little flower nosegays.
– Cress Farm is selling green and roasted peanuts in the shell, along with other produce.
– Dawn’s Greenhouse offers dried organic herbs as well as cut fresh herbs.
– Wild Turkey Farms will not be at the market again until July 26.
– Hot Dogs R Us has added a new Chicago-style hot dog, which includes a variety of fresh vegetables and condiments with an all-beef hot dog on a poppy seed bun. The stand operates beginning at 10 a.m. Saturdays.
The Salisbury Farmers Market, at the corner of Bank and South Main streets, is open 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday.
ó Compiled by Sara Pitzer
By Janet McCanless For the Salisbury Post Every once in a while, we’ll see a kid from our street zoom... read more