Town Crier Community Events
Tuesday, June 25
• Plant sale 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rowan County Extension Master Garden-ers campus, 2727 Old Concord Road. See the newly-planted Southern Living Demonstration Garden, the Sloop Garden and the Pollinator Garden in its early development stages. Sales will support the programs of the Extension Master Gardeners. 704-216-8970.
• Planning Board regular meeting, 4 p.m., City Council Chambers, 217 S. Main St.
• Rowan County Board of Social Services, 5:30 p.m., 1813 E. Innes St.
• Uwharrie Chapter Concerned Bikers Association, 6:30 p.m., Corner Pocket Sports Bar and Billiards, Albemarle. 704-463-0111, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.uwharriecba.org
• Book Bites Book Club, 6:30 p.m.,South Rowan Public Library, 920 Kimball Road, China Grove,
Wednesday, June 26
• Salisbury Farmers Market, 8 a.m.-noon, at West Fisher and South Jackson streets.
• Lexington Farmers Market, 8 a.m., Historic Southern Rail and Freight Depot, 129 Railroad St.
• “Preventing Foreclosure” free seminar, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Rufty-Holmes Senior Center, 1120 S. MLK Jr. Ave. Lunch provided. Will include information on tax/fee relief for elderly and disabled, alternatives to foreclosure. Salisbury CDC will speak on a mortgage payment program. Registration encouraged. 704-216-7714.
Thursday, June 27
• Rowan Redbuds Garden Club, 1 p.m., Rowan Public Library Hurley Room. Affiliated with Garden Clubs of NC. Visitors welcome, 704-637-0928, email@example.com or Anganetta Dover, 704-638-0575, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Order of Eastern Star, Pearl White Chapter 180, 5 p.m., at home of Ida Finger, 317 S. Institute St., to plan annual Rainbow Tea. Information: Moree Grandford 704-637-3579.
• People Growing Together Toastmasters, 5:30 p.m., J.F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Blvd. West.
• Fulton Masonic Lodge Stated Communications, 6 p.m. dinner, 7 p.m. meeting.
• Rowan Brain Injury support group, 7 p.m. Easter Seals/ UCP office, 620 W. Innes St. Nadine Cherry 980-622-7732, Jane Jackman The Arc of Rowan 704-637-1521.
• Carolina Historical Association for Metal Detecting, 7:30 p.m., Grace Ridge Club House, 2815 Grace Church Road, 704-310-6321, 336-474-7268
Friday, June 28
• Heavenly Hot Dog Sale, 10 a.m.-2 p.m, Mount Olivet United Methodist Church, 301 Mt. Olivet Road. 704-782-8846. Free Delivery over 10, take out available. www.mtochurch.com
Saturday, June 29
• Salisbury Farmers Market, 8 a.m., at West Fisher and South Jackson streets.
• Lexington Farmers Market, 8 a.m.-noon, Historic Southern Rail and Freight Depot, 129 Railroad St., Lexington.
• Goldmine Toastmasters, 8:30 a.m., Fairfield Inn, 30330 Cloverleaf Plaza, Kannapolis.
• R A Clement Association, 9 a.m. Allen Temple Presbyterian Church, Cleveland, for former students, families, staff, faculty, friends of R.A. Clement High School 1948-1968.
• Salisbury Historic trolley tour, 11 a.m. Tour begins and ends at Visitor’s Center, 204 E. Innes St. Ticket info, 704-638-3100, www.visitsalisburync.com
• Gold Hill’s Country Fresh Market, 1-5 p.m., at File Antique Store in the Village.
• Circus Train puppet show, 7 p.m. Library Park, Third St., Spencer. Free hot dogs, snow cones • 7:30 p.m. show begins. Puppets play games, sing songs. Bring lawn chair or blanket. 704-636-4101. Sponsored by Central UMC.
• West Rowan Neighborhood Center Advisory Council, R.A. Clement Old Building/Allen Temple Church. Leonard Hall 704-278-9116 or John Woods, 704-278-0096.