Fire damages mobile home

  • Posted: Friday, September 14, 2012 12:01 a.m.
    UPDATED: Friday, September 14, 2012 9:51 p.m.
A mobile home was damaged by shortly before noon.
A mobile home was damaged by shortly before noon.

Fire officials say an overloaded power strip caused a fire in a mobile home at Salisbury Mobile Home Park today.
The surge protector had multiple items plugged into it, including a television and stereo.
Salisbury firefighters were called to the fire at 1017 Bringle Ferry Road, shortly before noon.
No one was inside the home at the time. Fire officials said at the scene the fire was contained to a front bedroom, where the fire originated.

Commenting is not allowed on this article.