- Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:46 a.m.
KANNAPOLIS — Kaleidoscope Arts Celebration is taking artist submissions to be displayed in store windows in downtown Kannapolis.
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014 1:24 a.m.
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — A federal judge has upheld a Missouri law requiring protesters to stay at least a football-field...
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:41 a.m.
Duke Energy Chief Executive Lynn Good says customers should shoulder the cost of cleaning up Duke’s coal ash ponds. State...
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:34 a.m.
The case of Sandra Campbell highlights the core issue that haunts Rowan County, a lack of leadership. A leader is one who knows...
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:27 a.m.
GREENSBORO — North Carolina State’s T.J. Warren is the Atlantic Coast Conference player of the year.
MOUNT ULLA — Last year’s South Rowan catcher Eric Tyler took one look at a fresh-faced freshman pitcher named Austin Corriher...
By Matt Gorry
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:14 a.m.
GRANITE QUARRY — East Rowan didn’t play East Rowan baseball Tuesday night against Concord and it cost them.
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:12 a.m.
By Dan Levinson
A local singer-songwriter who was driving a motorcycle Tuesday afternoon was struck by a car and remains hospitalized with...
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:28 p.m.
Fire officials say they have not determined the cause of a weekend fire that started inside a clothes dryer at a Salisbury...
From staff reports
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014 1:39 a.m.
Catawba's baseball team won 10-9 at 16th-ranked Mount Olive on Tuesday.
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:24 p.m.
KANNAPOLIS — The Kannapolis Intimidators will host tryouts for national anthem singers Saturday at Concord Mills. Tryouts start...
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:07 p.m.
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — A trial has started in federal court on whether a New Mexico city can have a monument inscribed with the...
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:58 p.m.
A groundbreaking ceremony for the Charlotte VA Health Care Center is scheduled to take place March 28 from 2 to 3 p.m., at West...
By EMERY P. DALESIO
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:56 p.m.
RALEIGH — North Carolina health insurance consumers continued to enroll at a steady clip for private coverage sold on a federally...
By ALEX VEIGA
AP Business Writer
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014 4:54 p.m.
Stocks eased back into the red Tuesday afternoon after briefly wandering higher earlier in the day as investors focused on...