Blotter: Man accused of armed robbery apprehended after short chase
Published 2:47 pm Wednesday, March 1, 2023
SALISBURY — A 19-year-old is in custody after reportedly breaking and entering a home and attempting to flee the police.
James Edward Wooding, 19, was arrested on Tuesday following the incident that allegedly began when a Lantz Avenue man returned home to find the accused in his home. The homeowner’s son reportedly chased the invader off only to have Wooding reveal a firearm.
After leaving, Wooding reportedly got into a white Nissan Sentra, but not before the homeowner got the license plate information. Police tracked down the car. A pursuit began that ultimately ended on Old Wilkesboro Road when Wooding reportedly attempted to flee on foot.
An unidentified juvenile was also apprehended.
Wooding faces charges of robbery with a firearm, larceny, breaking and entering and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Wooding’s bond was set at $48,000.
In other Salisbury Police reports
• A report of a felon in possession of a firearm and methamphetamine was taken in the 1400 block of Klumac Road on Feb. 28 at 10:48 a.m.
• A report of marijuana possession was taken in the 600 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard on Feb. 28 at 10:03 p.m.
• Xavier Jharnell Mock, 27, was arrested on Feb. 28 and charged with felony larceny.
• Stefanie Danielle Cline, 31, was arrested on Feb. 28 and charged with misdemeanor second-degree trespass.
• Reginald Anthony Wooden, 52, was arrested on Feb. 28 and charged with misdemeanor impaired driving.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s reports
• A Kannapolis woman was the victim of credit-card fraud that reportedly occurred in the 7600 block of Crestwood Drive between 8:06 p.m. on Feb 25 and 10 p.m. on Feb. 27.
• A Salisbury woman was reportedly the victim of burglary and unlawful entry in the 100 block of Roger Drive around 4:29 p.m. on Feb. 27. The suspect allegedly stole items out of the victim’s garage. The total estimated loss was $840.
• A Rockwell man was reportedly the victim of damaged property and vandalism in the 100 block of Hidden Oaks Drive which occurred between 6 p.m. on Feb. 26 and 7 a.m. on Feb. 27.
• Jimmy Wayne McCrary, 24, was arrested on Feb. 27 and charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct.
• Arvin Junior Stevenson, 44, was arrested on Feb. 27 and charged with misdemeanor assault on a government official.
• Willie Isaiah Duffy, 27, was arrested on Feb. 27 and charged with misdemeanor carrying concealed gun.
• Joe Alexandre Camara, 22, was arrested on Feb. 27 and charged with misdemeanor communicating threats.
• Jeffery Leonard Sturdivant, 61, was arrested on Feb. 27 and charged with felony habitual felon.
• Lisa Jewel Watkins, 54, was arrested on Feb. 27 and charged with misdemeanor simple assault.
• Jessica Starnes Harris, 39, was arrested on Feb. 27 and charged with misdemeanor non-payment of child support.