Morgan Watts column: Upcoming livestock and field crops events
Published 12:00 am Saturday, January 1, 2022
By Morgan Watts
N.C. Cooperative Extension
January and February are the time of year for conferences and events. Below is a list of events that may interest you.
- Jan. 6 — Rowan County Cattlemen’s Meeting, 6:30 p.m. at the Rowan County Center (2727 Old Concord Road in Salisbury. To RSVP, call 704-216-8970.
- Jan. 12-14 — N.C. Commodities Conference in Durham. For more information and to register, go to http://nccommoditiesconference.com/
- Jan. 27 — Area Beef Conference, Iredell County Center, 444 Bristol Dr. in Statesville. To RSVP, call 704-873-0507 or online go.ncsu.edu/areabeef
3:30 p.m. — Registration
3:45 p.m. — N.C. Cattlemen’s Update
4 p.m. — Deidre Harmon
4:45 p.m. — Break
5 p.m. – Marketing Update
5:15 p.m. — Speaker (TBD)
6 p.m. — Meal
- Feb. 1 — 2022 Auxin Training and Winters Grain Conference, Iredell County Center (444 Bristol Dr. in Statesville. To RSVP, call 704-873-0507 or online go.ncsu.edu/wintergrains
3-4 p.m. — Auxin Herbicides Best Management Practices Training
4-4:20 p.m. — Deer Management — Jenny Carleo, area specialized agent
4:25-5:10 p.m. — Dr. Rachel Vann, Extension specialist, soybeans
5:15-6 p.m. — Dr. Ron Heingier, Extension specialist, corn
6 p.m. — Sponsored meal and tradeshow
- Feb. 3 — Rowan County Cattlemen’s Meeting, 6:30 p.m. at the Rowan County Center, 2727 Old Concord Road in Salisbury. To RSVP, call 704-216-8970.
- Feb. 17 — Private Pesticide Safety Training (V Credit), 3-5 p.m. at the Rowan County Center, 2727 Old Concord Road in Salisbury. To register, call 704-216-8970.
- Feb. 25-26 — 70th Annual North Carolina Cattlemen’s Conference, Hickory. For more information and to register, go to https://www.nccattle.com/news-events/annual-conference
Additional auxin herbicide trainings
Please let me know if you need the Zoom link or if you would like to watch the Zoom at the Rowan County Center. If you plan to watch at the Rowan County Center, please let me know which date as space will be limited at email@example.com or 704-216-8970.
Morgan Watts is livestock and field crops agent with the Rowan County Extension.