Blotter: Granite Quarry man charged with felony break-in
Published 12:00 am Monday, November 29, 2021
SALISBURY — A Granite Quarry man faces felony charges for a break-in on Oct. 11.
Brandon Keith Moody, 39, of Granite Quarry, was charged with felony breaking and or entering, felony larceny after breaking and or entering and felony possession of a controlled substance on prison or jail premises on Saturday.
A warrant for Moody’s arrest lists the date of the offense for the breaking and entering charges on Oct. 11. He allegedly broke into a residence on Leewood Lane in Salisbury and stole a cellphone. A separate warrant for the drug charge, dated Saturday, says Moody was found in possession of methamphetamine.
In other weekend crime reports:
• Corey Nicholas Matthews, 24, of Winston-Salem, was charged with felony possession of a stolen firearm on Friday. Matthews was allegedly found with a 9mm handgun that was reported stolen.
• Christopher Dale Austin, 25, of Mooresville, was charged with felony assault inflicting serious bodily injury on Friday. Austin allegedly inflicted a laceration on the right side of the victim’s eye requiring stitches, resulting in “significant blood loss” according to the warrant for his arrest.
• Demmanuelle Tyyan Fincher, 25, of Linwood, was charged with felony possession of a schedule one controlled substance, misdemeanor simple possession of a schedule six controlled substance and cited for fleeing to elude arrest on Saturday. Fincher was allegedly found in possession of MDMA and marijuana.
• Heather Nicole Jones, 29, of Boomer, was charged with felony larceny on Saturday. Jones allegedly stole $1,646 worth of merchandise from Walmart, including health and beauty supplies, toys and clothes.
• Orville James Shepherd, 32, of Maiden, was charged with felony possession of a schedule two controlled substance and felony possession of a schedule one controlled substance and felony flee to elude arrest on Saturday. Orville was allegedly found in possession of methamphetamine and heroine.