Blotter: July 20
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• Cheesemans General Store on Monday reported property damage in the 9800 block of Old Beatty Ford Road in Rockwell.
• Major Wire Screening on Monday reported a burglary in the 200 block of Peach Orchard Road. The total damage was estimated to be $5,300.
• A deputy was flagged down Monday and asked to assist with a disturbance in the 1400 block of North Main Street in China Grove.
• Century Complete on Monday reported building materials worth $155 were stolen from 1100 Silvertrace Drive in Salisbury.
• A woman on Monday reported a stolen license plate in the 1000 block of Julian Road in Salisbury.
• A man on Monday reported fraud on his bank account totaling $1,900.
• Vickie Lynn Owings, 52, was charged Monday with felony possession of a schedule two controlled substance.
• Harold Fredrick Cook, 71, was charged with felony possession of a schedule one controlled substance.
In Salisbury Police reports:
• A man on Saturday accidentally discharged his rifle and struck himself in the hand in the 2200 block of Woodleaf Road.
• A woman on Saturday reported a larceny from a motor vehicle in the 800 block of Horah Street with an estimated loss of $550.
• A man reported that he sold a phone to a man who gave him counterfeit money. When he realized the money was counterfeit, the man chased them with his vehicle, a Crown Victoria, and rammed the other person’s vehicle, a U-Haul truck, several times while they were on Jake Alexander Boulevard. The driver of the U-Haul gave a different story, saying the two were in rival gangs in jail and that the Crown Victoria driver wanted to fight.
• A drug overdose was reported Saturday in the 500 block of East Council Street.
• Big Lots on Sunday reported a person stole $49 in candy bars from its store in the 700 block of East Innes Street.
• A woman reported a $100 bicycle was stolen from the 1400 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A person reported an air conditioning unit was stolen Monday from the 100 block of East Fisher Street. The total value was estimated at $5,000.
• Andrew Joseph Ketchie, 30, was charged Sunday with felony possession of a schedule two controlled substance.
• Renard Leval Bennett, 50, was charged Sunday with felony larceny in the 300 block of South Arlington Street.
Staff report MILLBRIDGE — DIRTVision, home to dirt track racing, will now be home for the sport’s young rising stars.... read more