Blotter: Rowan County man charged with indecent liberties with children
SALISBURY — A Rowan County man faces charges of indecent liberties with children in connection with a Fourth of July party in 2020.
Christopher Alan Deaton, 49, was charged Wednesday after an investigation that started in March. Deaton is accused of being intoxicated and inappropriately touching a 10-year-old child during the party last year.
The victim’s parents were told about the incident in March. A therapist reported it to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office, said Maj. John Sifford.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A man on Wednesday reported his mailbox was damaged in the 700 block of White Rock Avenue in Salisbury.
• A woman on Wednesday reported a burglary in the 100 block of Red Oak Lane in Salisbury.
• A pistol was found Wednesday in the 200 block of School Street in Cleveland.
• A woman on Wednesday reported a lawnmower and a trailer were stolen from her residence in the 2000 block of N.C. 801 in Woodleaf.
• A woman on Wednesday reported a larceny from a motor vehicle in the 9400 block of Smith Road in Kannapolis.
• Keosha Santana Williams, 27, was charged Wednesday with a fictitious tag or license plate.
• Justin Blaine Evans, 40, was charged Wednesday with felony possession of a schedule one controlled substance.
• William Alexander Norris, 25, was charged Wednesday with breaking and entering a building.
• Gary Lynn Patterson, 39, was charged Wednesday with assault on a female.
In Salisbury Police reports:
• A man on Thursday reported the larceny of automobile accessories in the 200 block of Claymont Drive in Salisbury.
• A man on Thursday reported a vehicle was shot into while in the 1500 block of West Innes Street.
• Thomas Leon Dillon, 24, was charged Thursday with possession of a schedule two controlled substance.
SPENCER — Town officials got their first look at progress on the inside of the Park Plaza project on Thursday.... read more