Dryer catches fire at county detention center; no one hurt
SALISBURY — No injuries were reported Friday morning after a fire was discovered in the Rowan County Detention Center’s laundry facility.
Fire crews were on the scene at 115 W. Liberty St. just before 8 a.m. and determined the fire was contained to a dryer. The fire was quickly extinguished and under control less than 15 minutes later.
The fire did not require a need to evacuate the jail, Rowan County Sheriff’s Capt. John Sifford said.
By Shavonne Potts firstname.lastname@example.org SALISBURY — This year’s law enforcement appreciation luncheon looked a little different when a flow of... read more