Registered sex offender found living close to school
SALISBURY — A registered sex offender was charged this week after he moved to a residence within 1,000 feet of Salisbury High, which is a violation of his probation.
Dalmus Odom, 52, was charged by the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office with a sex offender registry violation. He also faces charges of interfering with an electronic monitoring device, failure to report a new address and a parole violation.
He remains in the Rowan County Detention Center under a $20,000 secured bond.
In other Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A man reported on Monday he was the victim of larceny while in the 600 block of Erwin Temple Church Road, Woodleaf.
• A man reported on Monday someone stole a bicycle from his property while in the 7100 block of Grandeur Drive.
• A man reported on Monday he was the victim of larceny in the 300 block of Goodman Drive.
• Christopher Adam Grinstead, 31, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor possession of stolen goods while in the 300 block of Scaley Bark Drive.
Salisbury Police Department reports
• Someone stole a key cutter machine from the maintenance office at Laurel Pointe Apartment complex, 100 Laurel Pointe Circle.
SALISBURY — A Florida woman posing as a customer is accused of cashing a $1,980 check at a local bank... read more