Salisbury man issued citations for hit and run accident
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — A Salisbury man faces misdemeanor offenses after he crashed into a tree during an argument with his girlfriend and left the vehicle in the front yard of a home on South McCoy Road.
The Salisbury Police Department issued citations to Justin Derek Neal, 29, of the 200 block of Freedom Drive, for misdemeanor hit and run property damage, misdemeanor no operator’s license and misdemeanor failure to maintain lane control.
The incident occurred Thursday around 1 p.m. in the 200 block of South McCoy Road near Wiltshire Road. According to the passenger in the vehicle, they were traveling south on South McCoy Road.
Neal left the roadway to the right and struck a tree before coming to rest in the yard of 248 S. McCoy Road. Neal left the scene of the crash after the collision, according to Lt. Lee Walker.
The passenger said she and Neal were having an argument and were in the process of breaking up. The police officer found keys still in the ignition after the crash that had a work ID with Neal’s name on it.
Police said two witnesses estimated Neal’s speed at 60 mph but the officer estimated Neal’s speed at 50 mph. Walker said the speed limit in that area is 35 mph.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A woman reported on Monday she received a fraudulent payroll check in the mail in the 300 block of Imperial Drive.
• A woman reported on Monday her ex-boyfriend struck the window of her vehicle with his helmet while in the 100 block of Clancy Street.
• A man reported on Monday he was the victim of an assault in the 700 block of N. Main Street.
• A woman reported on Tuesday she was the victim of an assault while in the 300 block of Ackert Avenue.
• Justin Blaine Evans, 39, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor possession of a schedule IV controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia while in the 2100 block of Statesville Boulevard.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman reported on Sunday she was the victim of credit card fraud while in the 8200 block of Smith Road, Kannapolis.
• A woman reported on Sunday she was the victim of a physical assault while in the 100 block of Josie Street, Rockwell.
• A woman reported on Friday she was the victim of credit card fraud sometime between June 7 and Monday while in the 10600 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A man reported on Friday someone stole two catalytic converters from his automobiles in the 500 block of Hewitt Road, Cleveland.
• A man reported his firearm was stolen from his home in the 500 block of Spring Garden Avenue, Kannapolis.
• Jimmy Ray Blackwell, 55, was charged on Friday with felony larceny of motor vehicle while in the 400 block of Grace Church Road.
• Matthew Tyler King, 20, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female while in the 100 block of Josie Street, Rockwell.
• Yota Renee Price, 30, was charged on Sunday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia while in the 200 block of Wakefield Drive.
• Tequila Norma Young, 30, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Jason Lee Lambert, 22, was charged on Monday with felony breaking and entering into a building while in the 1200 block of Camp Road.
• River Kyle Lowe, 21, was charged on Monday with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule II while on North Enochville Avenue and Enochville Road, Kannapolis.
By Shavonne Potts email@example.com ROCKWELL — Investigators with the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office are looking into a fire that was... read more