Thief breaks into church steals gun, karaoke machine, other items
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, June 30, 2020
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — Salisbury police are looking into who broke into a local church and stole items that include sound equipment.
The incident occurred sometime on Saturday evening and was discovered the same day. According to police, the thief stole items that included a handgun, electronics, and a karaoke machine. Some items were found in a trash can near a door.
According to detective Russ DeSantis, it’s unknown at this time how the thief gained entry into the church.
There were no signs of forced entry reported or observed. A window in the women’s bathroom was found open, but it did not appear that this was the entry point, DeSantis said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Salisbury Police Department at 704-797-4253 or Salisbury-Rowan Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• Team Chevrolet reported on Friday someone stole a vehicle from the business, located 404 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• A man reported on Friday he was the victim of a knife assault while in the 200 block of North Long Street.
• A woman reported on Friday someone attempted to break into her home in the 100 block of East 11th Street.
• A vehicle was stolen Friday from the 100 block of Tall Pine Circle during a residential break-in that occurred there.
• Several motor vehicles were broken into parked at the Home2 Suites by Hilton, located at 1300 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., and items were stolen from the vehicles.
• A man reported on Saturday someone stole items from his vehicle while parked overnight at Team Chevrolet, 404 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
• A man reported on Sunday he was the victim of vandalism in the 500 block of East Cemetery Street.
• A man reported someone vandalized his property sometime between Saturday and Sunday in the 1600 block of North Long Street.
• A man reported on Sunday his roommate stole from him while in the 400 block of Elm Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• George Melvin McGee, 31, was charged on Thursday with felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to manufacture a schedule VI while at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.