Police looking into Park Circle break-in, gunshot fired inside home
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — Salisbury police late Thursday responded to a call in the 500 block of Park Circle after a call to 911 about shots being fired into a home there, said detective Russ DeSantis.
Officers arrived at the home and searched for a silver four-door Hyundai believed to be the possible suspect’s vehicle. An officer found a front window was shattered.
The homeowner told police she was in bed when she heard a window break in her living room. She got up and locked her bedroom door. DeSantis confirmed someone broke into the house and fired one gunshot while inside. Several other gunshots were fired outside the home.
The woman told police a few days before the gunshots she had a domestic violence incident at her home when her ex-boyfriend threatened to kill her. No arrest has been made as of Friday.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• The Salisbury Housing Authority reported on Thursday someone fired shots that struck a car and an apartment at the Pine Hills Apartment complex, 410 West 15th St.
• Someone broke into a vehicle parked in the 400 block of South Main Street sometime between June 18 and June 19. The incident was reported on Thursday.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone removed items from her home in the 100 block of Yadkin River Drive.
• A man reported on Wednesday someone stole a trailer and lawnmower from the 4600 block of Old Concord Road.
• A man reported on Wednesday he was the victim of a physical assault while in the 1100 block of Zion Church Road, Gold Hill.
• Brandy Sue Tucker, 29, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana less than half an ounce to one and a half ounces while in the 600 block of West Ryder Avenue, Landis.
• John Paul Beinkampen, 20, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor assault and battery while in the 5500 block of Fish Pond Road.
• Michael Franklin Nunn, 71, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor communicating threats while in the 900 block of Shore Acres Road.
• Austin Jenkins, who is currently on probation, was charged with cutting off his electronic ankle monitor while in the 9000 block of Unity Church Road, Mooresville.
• Dalmus Odom, who is a registered sex offender and currently on probation, is charged with moving away from his residence without notifying the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office within three business days.
• Samantha Carol McReynolds, 23, was charged on Wednesday with felony identity theft while in the 200 block of Flowers Lane.
• Thomas Jeffrey Kistler, 33, was charged on Wednesday with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia while in the 1400 block of Dunn’s Mountain Road.
By DARLENE SUPERVILLE and ASHRAF KHALIL Associated Press WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump signed an executive order Friday to... read more