Police looking into vehicle break-ins at Salisbury apartment complex
Published 12:00 am Thursday, June 25, 2020
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — Police are trying to determine who stole items and ransacked vehicles that were unlocked at a local apartment complex. Police responded to Salisbury Square Apartments on Woodson Street where four vehicles were left unlocked and most did not have anything of value, according to Salisbury Police Department spokesman Lt. Lee Walker.
One victim told police the door was unlocked on her 2012 Ford Fiesta and the suspect took $8 in cash and an iPhone charger.
A 2017 Toyota Corolla was found with the door ajar. The vehicle had been ransacked but nothing was taken. The vehicle is leased to a tenant through Fair Titling Trust. The vehicle was unlocked.
A 2011 Chevrolet Silverado was ransacked, nothing was taken and according to the owner, the truck was unlocked.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A woman reported on Tuesday she was the victim of vandalism while in the 700 block of Mack Street.
• A man reported on Tuesday someone drove off with his belongings in his truck while it was parked in the 2400 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• A woman reported on Tuesday someone broke into 900 block of East Lafayette Street.
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone stole items from her vehicle parked on the roadway in the 600 block of West Innes Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A man reported on Monday someone stole items from his vehicle while parked in the 600 block of Varnadore Road.
• A man reported on Monday someone stole his vehicle from the 300 block of Roseman Road.
• Darrell Kendall Taylor, 23, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled schedule VI substance while in the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Malik L. Bellamy, 30, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana while on Interstate 85 and Old Beatty Ford Road, Kannapolis.
• Chase Mark Ferguson, 23, was charged on Monday with misdemeanor possession of marijuana while on Interstate 85 and Old Beatty Ford Road, Kannapolis.