Some local summer camp options this year
Published 12:00 am Thursday, June 11, 2020
The following is a list of some local summer camps that will occur or are under way this summer.
Horizons limited remote summer camps:
- Nature Art Camp: June 15-18. Cost: $60
- Culinary Camp: June 15-19. Cost: $60
- Grossology Camp: June 15-19, 22-26, July 13-17, 20-24, 27-31. Cost: $25
- Game Design with Bloxels: June 15-18, 22-25. Cost: $25
- Build and destroy: June 15-18. Cost: $35
- Survivor Island: June 15-18. Cost: $35
- Rocket and Math Camp: July 13-16, 27-30. Cost: $40
- Jr. Naturalist Camp: July 6-9, 13-16, 20-23. Cost: $25
- There is a Together Gardens course running through the summer with weekly family chats on Zoom.
Camp information can be found on the Rowan-Salisbury Schools website at rssed.org/about/departments/curriculum-instruction/horizons-unlimited
Catawba sports camps:
Women’s soccer Elite Camp will be held from July 9-12 with a showcase on July 28.
There is currently a waitlist registration for July volleyball camps, and attendees will be able to register with payment in July if the camps can still be held.
- Day Camp for Beginner to Intermediate: July 20-23
- Skills Training Clinics: July 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
- Elite/College Prep Camp: July 29-31
- Beach Camp for Beginner to Intermediate: July 24-25
- Beach Camp for Elite/College Prep: July 26-28
- Catawba Junior Beach Tournaments: Aug. 16
Information on registering for camps can be found at http://gocatawbaindians.com/page.asp?articleID=2167
Catawba’s Discover Youth Theology Institute:
The institute has moved virtual this year, and will run from July 5-10 and 12-17. The institute is a chance for middle and high school students to discover more about themselves and explore their faith.
For information on registering visit catawba.edu/academics/programs-centers/lilly-center/discover-program/. There is a $25 application fee.
Hurley YMCA Summer Camp:
This is an ongoing day camp that provides fun and activities for kids in a safe environment. Pricing can vary depending on membership status and financial need.