Salisbury Police Department investigating weekend Lloyd Street shooting
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, June 9, 2020
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — The Salisbury Police Department is investigating a weekend shooting that ended in a single-vehicle accident. The victim was later taken to the hospital, according to a police spokesman.
The victim, police said, appeared agitated when they arrived. He told them he had been shot at while on West Horah Street when someone fired at his 2004 Mercury Grande Marquis, said Detective Russ DeSantis. The incident occurred around 11 a.m. on Saturday.
He said he’d been having issues with people since his last arrest. The victim said he was coming from West Horah Street and turned onto Lloyd Street when he heard gunshots. He ducked down and struck a utility pole.
An officer who spoke to the victim hours later when he said he was not traveling on West Horah Street, but on Lloyd Street when the shots were fired.
Police collected bullet casings from the scene. DeSantis said the victim was checked at the scene by EMS and later taken to the hospital.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A woman reported on Friday someone stole bicycles from the 500 block of Ferndale Drive.
• A woman reported on Friday she victim of a burglary while in the 200 block of Dan Street.
• Lilly’s Chapel Church of God reported on Saturday a break-in occurred at the church, located at 618 West Thomas St.
• A man reported on Saturday an assault took place while in the 500 block of East Innes Street.
• Terry Isaac J. Bown, 36, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female while in the 1300 block of S. Jake Alexander Boulevard.
• Scott Leonardo Logan, 57, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor simple assault while in the 400 block of West Cemetery Street.
• Coty Scott Putnam, 24, was charged on Saturday with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule I while in the 500 block of East Innes Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman reported on Thursday she was the victim of strangulation while in the 200 block of Allen Lane.
• A man reported on Thursday someone broke into his home in the 8700 block of Dogwood Drive, Kannapolis and assaulted him.
• A woman reported on Thursday she was the victim of an assault while in the 8100 block of Bringle Ferry Road.
• A woman reported on Thursday someone stole a firearm from her vehicle in the 4500 block of Long Ferry Road.
• Zacharia Shade Shrewsbury, 20, was charged on Thursday with felon assault by strangulation while in the 200 block of Allen Lane.
• Theresa Dawn Jordan, 51, was charged on Thursday with felony financial transaction card fraud while in the 2500 block of Cannon Farm Road, China Grove.
• Avery Michael Bostian, 27, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female.
• Bryan O’Neal Taylor, 48, who is a registered sex offender, failed to register his change of address within three business days with the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.