Blotter: China Grove man faces weapon, drug charges after traffic stop
Published 12:00 am Monday, June 8, 2020
CHINA GROVE – Levi Bryant Smith, 36, of China Grove, faces weapon and drug charges after a traffic stop regarding a Yamaha motorcycle that was not registered.
Warrants alleged Bryant was found to not have insurance for the vehicle, a motorcycle endorsement on his license or a motorcycle learner’s permit. In addition to the traffic violations, Bryant was charged with felony possession of a firearm by a felon, felony possession of heroin and misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
Bryant allegedly was found in possession of a .32 caliber revolver and was convicted of felony breaking and entering in 2009.
On the warrant for his arrest, the drug paraphernalia is listed as “one glass smoking pipe/bong.”
In other crime reports:
- Michael Andrew Link, 23, of Lexington, was charged with larceny of a firearm on Saturday in reference to a late May theft of a 9mm handgun.
- Janae Latece Johnson, 32, of Charlotte, was charged on Saturday with felony possession of a schedule I controlled substance, misdemeanor simple possession of a schedule IV controlled substance, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, misdemeanor simple possession of a schedule VI controlled substance, misdemeanor possession of marijuana paraphernalia and driving while impaired.
- Tyler Alfonso Mason, 23, of Salisbury was charged with felony conspiracy after allegedly soliciting the unlawful purchase of a firearm.
- Violet Mildred Miner was charged with felony possession of cocaine, misdemeanor possession of marijuana and misdemeanor possession of marijuana paraphernalia on Sunday in connection to a May 24 incident.
- Coty Scott Putnam, 24, of Mooresville, was charged with felony possession of heroin on Saturday.