Blotter: Salisbury man arrested for fleeing arrest, assaulting an officer while impaired
By Natalie Anderson
SALISBURY — A local man was arrested Saturday after allegedly fleeing and eluding an arrest while impaired and assaulting a Salisbury police officer.
Edgar Josue Ordonez, 23, of Salisbury, faces a felony charge of fleeing/eluding arrest with a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor charge of assaulting a government official/employee and a misdemeanor charge of resisting a public officer.
Warrants state a Salisbury officer was attempting to stop Ordonez, who was driving on the 1000 block of Jake Alexander Blvd. S. in an attempt flee an officer from a neighboring jurisdiction. The warrant also states that Ordonez was fleeing after refusing to submit to a DWI blood draw required by a granted search warrant, preventing nursing staff from evaluating him and refusing to be processed at the police station, according to the arrest warrant.
At the time of the violation, it was discovered Ordonez was impaired and driving recklessly, according to warrants. Ordonez then allegedly attempted to bite and kick a Salisbury police officer.
Ordonez remains in the Rowan County Detention Center with a $20,000 bond.
In other arrest warrants:
- Devan Blevins, 25, of China Grove, was arrested on Saturday for a misdemeanor count of assault with a deadly weapon. Blevins allegedly assaulted another individual by stabbing the person in the upper left chest with a knife.
- Falaah Abdullah Muha Ortega, 35, of Salisbury, was charged on Sunday with a felony count of interfering with a jail/prison fire system after allegedly breaking a sprinkler head in his cell in the Rowan County Detention Center, which caused the fire alarm to activate.
- Jihiem Tiquez Leach, 18, of Salisbury, was charged on Sunday for a felony count of possession of a stolen firearm, a misdemeanor charge of carrying a concealed gun and a misdemeanor charge of resisting a public officer. The type of firearm was a Beretta 40-caliber hand gun, according to an arrest warrant.
- Justin Lee Pilkington and Violet Mildred Miner were arrested on Sunday and charged with felony conspiracy. The charged stemmed from an alleged conspiracy to assault another man. Richard David Joplin Jr., was charged with assaulting that man
- Paxton Robert Feaster, 38, of Salisbury, was charged with felony possession of a firearm by a felon and misdemeanor carrying a concealed gun on Saturday. An officer allegedly discovered Feaster in possession of a .380 firearm.
- Madison Darius Gist, 24, was charged with felony possession of stolen property by a felon after allegedly being found in possession of a stolen 2013 Audi vehicle.
Carl Blankenship contributed reporting to this story. Contact reporter Natalie Anderson at 704-797-4246.
By Natalie Anderson email@example.com SALISBURY — County health officials reported on Saturday that only two additional individuals from Rowan County... read more