Blotter: Duffel bag, wallet stolen from unlocked vehicle
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — A woman reported someone broke into her unlocked car and took a duffel bag that contained her wallet. Salisbury police have said there’s been an uptick in such break-ins, most of which have been unlocked vehicles.
The incident occurred sometime overnight Wednesday or early Thursday morning in the 700 block of North Shaver Street. The thief was able to get into the unlocked Chevrolet Cobalt that was parked outside her house.
The duffel bag contained personal items and a wallet. There was also change inside the car that was stolen.
Salisbury police spokesman Lt. Lee Walker said several break-ins throughout the city in recent weeks involved unlocked vehicles and he cautions owners to remove anything of value from cars and to lock the doors.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A woman reported an assault occurred Thursday in the 1900 block of Mooresville Road.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone stole her vehicle from the side of the road sometime between April 27 to April 29 at Yost and Old Concord roads.
• A woman reported on Wednesday she was a victim of a burglary sometime between March 6 and May 6 in the 100 block of Timberlake Court.
• A woman reported on Wednesday someone stole her jewelry and money from her residence in the 1000 block of Circle Drive, China Grove.
• A man reported on Wednesday someone stole his utility trailer from the 200 block of McCarns Street, Mooresville.
• Lisa Michelle Goodman, 40, was charged on Wednesday with felony possession of a controlled substance schedule II while at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
• Demaurea Leon Grant, 25, was charged on Wednesday with felony assault on a law enforcement officer while in the 100 block of West Liberty Street.
By Natalie Anderson email@example.com SALISBURY — Throughout the week, positive COVID-19 cases continued to rise in Rowan County, but so... read more