Blotter: Thieves break into pickups at local hotel
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — Salisbury police say thieves are targeting pickups along the Interstate 85 corridor and on Tuesday morning the thieves broke into two trucks that were parked at a local hotel.
According to Salisbury police spokesman Lt. Lee Walker, a Ford F-150 was parked at Home 2 Suites, located at 1300 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., when someone broke a passenger window. The owner reported the theft occurred between 3:30 a.m. and 6:15 a.m.
The thieves took a SCCY 9 mm pistol stolen and $20 cash from the truck.
Another owner told police his 2020 Chevrolet Silverado pickup was broken into but nothing was taken. Thieves broke a passenger window. Police are looking for suspects who were caught on surveillance video getting back into a black pickup.
Walker said vehicles from Charlotte to Greensboro have been hit in recent months.
In other Salisbury Police reports
• A man reported his vehicle was broken into on Monday in the 1000 block of South Church Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A man in the 100 block of Green Gable Lane reported on Friday someone created and used a fake check on his bank account.
• A man reported on Friday his vehicle was broken into while in the 200 block of Gray Lane, Mooresville.
• A man reported on Saturday he was assaulted in the 100 block of Country Lane, Mooresville.
• A woman reported on Saturday someone stole items from her vehicle while parked in the 4300 block of Mount Hope Church Road.
• A man reported on Saturday someone broke a back window on his truck while in the 100 block of Buccaneer Circle.
• A man reported on Saturday someone stole items from his home in the 6100 block of East NC 152, Rockwell.
• A woman reported on Sunday she was the victim of a robbery in the 400 block of Montclair Drive.
• A woman in the 5600 block of Goodman Lake Road reported on Sunday there were unauthorized transactions on her bank account.
• Burton Mobley, 54, was charged on Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female while at the Rowan Magistrate’s Office.
• Matthew Jordan Overcash, 23, was charged on Friday with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a controlled substance while in the 300 block of North Main Street.
• Charles Curtis Honbarger, 30, was charged on Saturday with misdemeanor possession of a schedule IV controlled substance while in the 1200 block of Peeler Road.
By Liz Moomey firstname.lastname@example.org SALISBURY — COVID-19 relief bills went to the governor’s desk over the weekend with unanimous support... read more