Blotter, April 30: Credit card, identity theft cases surface
Published 12:00 am Thursday, April 30, 2020
By Shavonne Potts
Several cases of credit card fraud and identity theft were reported to law enforcement this week.
In the latest Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports, a man said on Sunday he was the victim of credit card fraud while in the 7400 block of U.S. 52.
In other reports:
• A man reported on Sunday someone broke into his property in the 200 block of Russell Ridge Road, Gold Hill.
• A man reported on Sunday he was the victim of larceny while in the 6400 block of Chenault Road, Cleveland.
In Salisbury Police Department reports
• Someone damaged a window Tuesday at an apartment at Laurel Point Apartment complex, 302 Laurel Pointe Circle. Police said they believed the ex-boyfriend of a tenant’s daughter broke the window after a break-up.
• A woman reported on Tuesday she was the victim of identity theft while in the 400 block of Richmond Road.
• A woman reported on Tuesday she was the victim of credit card fraud while in the 2100 block of Statesville Boulevard.