Blotter, April 30: Credit card, identity theft cases surface
By Shavonne Potts
Several cases of credit card fraud and identity theft were reported to law enforcement this week.
In the latest Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports, a man said on Sunday he was the victim of credit card fraud while in the 7400 block of U.S. 52.
In other reports:
• A man reported on Sunday someone broke into his property in the 200 block of Russell Ridge Road, Gold Hill.
• A man reported on Sunday he was the victim of larceny while in the 6400 block of Chenault Road, Cleveland.
In Salisbury Police Department reports
• Someone damaged a window Tuesday at an apartment at Laurel Point Apartment complex, 302 Laurel Pointe Circle. Police said they believed the ex-boyfriend of a tenant’s daughter broke the window after a break-up.
• A woman reported on Tuesday she was the victim of identity theft while in the 400 block of Richmond Road.
• A woman reported on Tuesday she was the victim of credit card fraud while in the 2100 block of Statesville Boulevard.
By Carl Blankenship firstname.lastname@example.org SALISBURY – Rowan County is just shy of the bottom 25th percentile in the state in... read more