Local man charged with stealing, pawning battery charger from Ben Mynatt Nissan
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, April 28, 2020
By Shavonne Potts
SALISBURY — A local man accused of stealing and pawning a battery charger a month ago from Ben Mynatt Nissan has been charged in that incident. Salisbury police say he’s also been charged with larceny from Walmart.
Adam Ryan Foster, 35, was charged with two counts of felony obtaining property by false pretenses and two counts of misdemeanor larceny. He was issued a $5,000 secured bond and has since been released from the Rowan County Detention Center.
Police spokesman Lt. Lee Walker said Foster was being sought after he was seen on a security video on March 23 at the business, located at 629 S. Jake Alexander Blvd. The video showed a male get out of a sport utility vehicle with pink and purple letters written on the back windshield.
The charger was then taken to Quick Cash Pawn, 2445 Statesville Blvd. The man allegedly received $200 in exchange for the battery charger, Walker said. Foster used his license at the pawnshop and law enforcement were able to determine his identity via a driver’s license database.
In other Salisbury Police Department reports
• A vehicle larceny was reported on Friday in the 800 block of West Horah Street from an unlocked vehicle.
• Goodwill reported on Friday night someone was shown on surveillance video cutting the lock off a storage trailer at the store loading dock, 836 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. No entry was made and no merchandise was taken.
• Three small children all under the age of six were left in a vehicle on Friday in the Walmart parking lot. Rowan DSS was called.
• A woman reported on Friday someone stole a lawnmower from a building that occurred sometime between April 18 and Friday in the 1900 block of Benjamin Drive.
• A man reported on Friday someone entered into an unlocked vehicle parked in the 500 block of North Fulton Street.
• A man reported on Saturday someone entered his unlocked vehicle and took $3 from the vehicle while it was parked in the 500 block of Lincolnton Road.
• A woman reported on Saturday she was the victim of vandalism in the 100 block of Pearl Street.
• A woman reported on Saturday someone entered a vehicle parked at the Gold Hill Apartment complex, 440 Gold Hill Drive.
• A man reported on Sunday he was the victim of vandalism in the 500 block of South Clay Street.
• A woman reported on Sunday someone stole a laptop from her home in the 300 block of S. Craige Street.
• A woman reported on Sunday she was the victim of a physical assault while in the 100 block of East 11th Street.
In Rowan County Sheriff’s Office reports
• A woman reported on Thursday someone stole her vehicle from the 1300 block of 7th Street and Hawkinstown Road.
• A woman reported on Thursday she was the victim of a physical assault in the 1500 block of Oak Breeze Drive, Mooresville.
• A woman reported on Thursday someone stole her packages from her home in the 100 block of Moss Springs Road, Mount Ulla.
• A man reported on Thursday he was the victim of fraud while in the 200 block of Shade Tree Run sometime between April 20 and Thursday.
• Garrett Lee Woodward, 20, was charged on Thursday with misdemeanor assault on a female while in the 1500 block of Oak Breeze Drive, Mooresville.